my sons chiefton tank

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
my son has made a chiefton tank in 1/48 but not painted it so ive decided to finish for him what ive decided is to put some mud om the tracks I was thinking of using milli-putty but wanted to get some advice first.

also how would I go about putting a spray of muddy water on the sides of it , o was thiking of a bit of dry brushing but im unsure if id get the desired affect.

hes done a great job on it id hate to spoil it for him.

advice is greatly needed.

C

CDW

simple mud is bicarbonate of soda. use a very thin brown wash and cover the tracks then sprinkle bicarb on it. wait till dry and then use the thin wash to colour it further.

for muddy water use a brown wash with a small amount of bicarb mixed in then paint it where you need it.. letting it trickle into cracks etc for the authentic look.

P

phalinmegob

or dab an old toothbrush into your mix and then make a spray by flicking the bristles with your finger over the sides of the tank

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
cheers folks ill test it on some thick card to get it right first

C

CDW

\ said:
cheers folks ill test it on some thick card to get it right first
If i could suggest you glue some spare plastic bits or similar to the card first so you can get an idea what the mix looks like when it gets into a crease/crack/mould line etc .... you'll have a better idea what the mix will look like on the 3D model rather than just on a flat card.

Good luck and have fun splatting paint everywhere :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
that's a very good idea :thumbsup: