N gauge coal yard

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
as Blair ,said looks great Dave,very nice detail,and like the coal stained ground as well, ;)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I'm not really a train person.....But, I know a good model when I see it..... and that is a cracking job Dave....

P

Polux

Wow!! I really like it!!!

Very cool. Excellent and inspirational work ;)

B

Benhur

Good work. Can I suggest you add a few people and some lighting to bring it all to life.

First Name
Dave
I am not really a train person but got into it from wanting to model scenery I have lots of spaces to fill with little dios. Like these.

I think a small boatyard is required just beyond the coal yard but I think that will have to be scratch built.

I have figures to add but they are modern image workers that need painting to suit the era but I won't add them till all the work is done or they'll end up in the

vacuum :sad: .

Thank you for the kind comments.

Dave

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks great but is it not missing a crane. I sure wouldn't want to shovel that coal into the wagons.

D

Deleted member 3568

Great work as has been said I don't know a lot about trains but I know a great model when I see one.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Looks great but is it not missing a crane. I sure wouldn't want to shovel that coal into the wagons.
Not necessarily it was cheaper to have manual labour I've heard of ketches being unloaded by a two men and a boy between tides around 100 tuns of coal. But that being said I have seen a nice kit for a yard crane.

Dave

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very convincing Dave, excellent work.

Re. the boat yard, how about a simple dry dock area? One small lock gate, a simple open roof canopy, the dock all dried out and a narrow boat inside being 'Re-Blacked'