n gauge layout restorer

M

madforRC

Hi ive just regiesterd to this forum and I have perchased a layout on ebay it is 11'6'' by 3' .I was wondering if theres a company that would take it away and restor it the main problem is track alinement at tha baseboard joints and some of the point motors dont work and some sections of the track are dead or the locos are running slow i believe that these items are beyound my skills and i would like any help with these. I live in flamborough eastyorkshire (england) :clap3:

G

George

Hi ive just regiesterd to this forum and I have perchased a layout on ebay it is 11'6'' by 3' .I was wondering if theres a company that would take it away and restor it the main problem is track alinement at tha baseboard joints and some of the point motors dont work and some sections of the track are dead or the locos are running slow i believe that these items are beyound my skills and i would like any help with these. I live in flamborough eastyorkshire (england) :clap3:
I would suggest that you contact your local hobby shop for the location of the nearest model railway club. I am sure that there will be someone there who can help and it has the advantage of being free :scotland: :respect1:

M

madforRC

thanks I know where the model club is, but we are having to empty our club rooms as we are loosing them and I dont think my partner would be to pleased if we moved into our house. Anyway she cant make a cup of tea to safe her life and I dont think the older members would like that. My model railway club have asked me to exhibit it at there anual show in august if i can get it near to running without to much trouble it should go down well.Maybe when I have a few moments to spare I will post some pics of it

G

George

thanks I know where the model club is' date=' but we are having to empty our club rooms as we are loosing them and I dont think my partner would be to pleased if we moved into our house. Anyway she cant make a cup of tea to safe her life and I dont think the older members would like that. My model railway club have asked me to exhibit it at there anual show in august if i can get it near to running without to much trouble it should go down well.Maybe when I have a few moments to spare I will post some pics of it[/quote']Is there no one within the club that can come round to your place and help you sort out the problem. From my model railway days[many years ago] it sounds as if all you will have to do is to relay the track and check out the connections and then clean the track.Cleaning blocks are available from model railway stockists.