N newbie

Z

zsoujirou

Hello there:

I'm new on model railroad, can any one recomend to me the best track for use, y if can I mix brands of track work, and the diferences between brans.

thanks.

N

new to trains

as you can see i am also fairly new in model trains, however i have used both Lima and Peco track on my first layout, , personally i prefer peco track, i have used both the set track ( the pre shaped parts) and the flexi track which you can shape to whatever shape you need , with the peco flexi track the sleepers are pre drilled and the quality of the nickel silver track is very good, the points are excellent and i like it better than the Lima track, the lima stuff just feels cheaper, and the points feel less 'solid' than the peco,

see the other postings on this forum as there are differing codes of peco track( the thread relating to code 55 or 80 track ) , this relates to the cross section of the metal rail, the bit the loco's wheels run on, and it does have a bit of a bearing on what type of trains you wish to run, but if you ask at your local modelshop you will hopefully get good 'hands on 'advice,

i like the peco stuff , but that is only my personal opinion.....

Last edited: