Name that Aircraft

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thought we could start the week with a little fun, out for a hike on Sunday I spotted these two sections of aircraft in a transport yard. Having spent some time contemplating possible options I decided to post the picture up here so the rest of you can share question.

Anyone know which aircraft these are from?

DSC_4253.JPG

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
A broken one?!

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The delta wing is from a Mirage III, I think. Here is one on an intact plane:

Dassault%20Mirage%20V%20BA15%20Belgian%20Belgium%202015%2005%20GraemeMolineux.jpg
(source)

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
i think you are right with the Mirage, that was where my thoughts had led, or possibly a MIG-21, but looking at the photo i'd go Mirage,

For the other looking at a picture of the Fouga Magister wing, it does look very similar.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That opening for the air brake or whatever it is on the top of the wing pretty much guarantees it’s a Mirage. The straight wing does look like it could be a Magister, going by the few photos of that I looked at after Richard mentioned it, but as I can’t say I know much about the plane, don’t take my word for it :smiling3: The tailplanes (I think that’s what they are) behind that wing, though, are not from a Magister: too broad, with a curved tip that the Magister didn’t have, and those fairings don’t fit either.