NCC1701 enterprise colour

N

noble

Hi all can anyone tell me the colour of the original uss enterprise, my revell instructions are tell ing me 60% light grey 30% white 10% aluminum is this correct or is it white help.

D

dubster72

Scott, the TOS studio model was 11 feet long (!) & was painted a concrete grey colour by all accounts. This was so it appeared off-white under the studio lights.

From what I've seen on various sites is a massive debate as to which colour or combination of colours to use on a scale model. The one that looks best to me is a candy white, the kind you'd find in automotive stores. 

That gives it a nice touch of grey from some angles, whilst still looking shiny white on the main surfaces - especially the upper saucer.

B

baz

Hello Scott,
as Patrick has said there is great debate over the colour of the ship, but if you can get hold of some back issues of SCI FI AND FANTASY MODELLER magazine they have some articales on the original model which was refurbished a few years ago, the issues no you want are issues 44 and 45, if you can not get hold of them let me know and I will scan them for you and then put them on the forum for you.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

B

baz

Hi Christopher,
sorry for the long delay but some health problems popped up but all is well now, I have been trying to find my old magazines but no luck yet, but I do know that if you go to the smithsonian musuem site they now have the fully restored enterprise on display and I am sure that you will be able to see what the original colour looked like. also keep searching the the good old web for photos of the original model, I am sure there will be some detials about paint colour there.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Barry im not the one who wanted to know the colours it was Scott at page top I was just hopeing to see some pictures of her
chris ps glad to hear you are better :thumb2::thumb2: