Need a Good Alternative

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have been trying to strip some small chrome parts using household bleach for 2 days now with absolutely no effect. When I rinsed the bleach off with warm water, they were as bright as ever. I am now trying Denatured Alcohol, as I have heard it works also. Does anyone know of any other consumer based product that will effectively do the job?
Thanks in advance, Rick H.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Brake fluid is good, but I'm surprised your bleach didn't work. I've used it before and you can SEE the chrome coming off! Is it concentrated bleach?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes Dave, and an old long established brand. I have used it before with great results, so am a little mystified as to why it has failed to perform this time.
Rick H.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Yes Dave, and an old long established brand. I have used it before with great results, so am a little mystified as to why it has failed to perform this time.
Rick H.

Another one of life's little mysteries. Just like: Why are "The Three Musketeers" called "Musketeers" when you never see them using a musket? You only ever see them fighting with swords so why aren't they known as "The Three Swordsmen"?

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Or how the odd sock escapes a closed system. PaulE