Neil's Airfix 1-32 Multipose German Infantry

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
It will come as no surprise to anyone that I found this build trying, and not so much because of the lack of sophisticated kit or tools but because of the paint colour. When I ordered this set I confidently expected there to be a tub of field grey paint supplied, but there was only this stupid dark sea grey. That meant that no matter how skilful I was these figures were never going to look right, so it was actually quite difficult to maintain my enthusiasm. I was irritated by the stupid poses as well, so that the whole thing lost its joy. I don’t think I will bother with the second part of the GB as I’d rather do other things with my time and my money .
If I happen to find another set at a bargain price I might do one or two figures individually but I’m not going to pile into the whole set again, life’s too short.

Sorry to be so negative when everyone else seems to have enjoyed it.
It was my bad choice, serves me right!
Thanks for bearing with me while I whinged and moaned……

Now I’m going to do the Bought at Cosford For Under a Fiver GB to cleanse my palette( see what I did there? )

Cheers
Neil

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I understand where you're coming from Neil. You certainly made a great job of the figures. Look forward to seeing your next build

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
All I can say is thanks for taking part and for sticking it out considering your problems they look great.

D

Deleted member 4539

Well done with this thread Neil.
The figures a well done.