Neil's Self-Sculpted 1/32 RAF Pilot-Completed

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
IMG_20201028_162135666.jpg
Well, that was an experience!
It's only the second time I have painted one of my own sculpts ,and boy does it leave some things to be desired.
Hopefully some of the problems were more to do with my poor casting and moulding techniques than the sculpt, and I will be altering the original a bit, and maybe trying again...
The eyes need re-working. The fingers need more definition (how DO those guys do it?). And he leans backwards :rolling: -as can be seen from the pics below.
I have to say also that painting around the life-vest was a B*tch, but I'm happy because it moulded and cast well.
Anyway, heeeeere's Denis!
Denis Front.jpg
Denis back.jpgDenis Left.jpgDenis Right.jpg

and here's how I did the atmosphere pic- I'm no Ron, as can be seen

IMG_20201028_162137850.jpg

This is why I value this forum-it's taken this GB to get me to finally do this, 8 years after the original sculpt, so I'm a happy boy, regardless of the result.
Many thanks to those who have followed and encouraged -and especially to Jim for reminding Granny how to suck eggs- it really did help .
Next up is the Simon T Tribute GB, I guess
cheers
Neil

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Neil, oh be able to sculpt .

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Very nice Neil, oh be able to sculpt .
cheers John- did you know Roger Saunders (Hornet Heads ,for the uninitiated) is also a 'cyclops'?
Go on, have a go! You just start with adding a few creases to an altered leg or arm, and you just progress gradually from there.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well done Neil.

Wouldn't even know where to start with something like that, so so credit to you!

ATB

Andrew