Neil's Self-Sculpted 1/32 RAF Pilot-Completed

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
very nice
Cheers Steve.
Hi Neil
To do this from scratch is a real tribute to your skill and patience. It would be front and centre in my cabinet if I had done it.
Jim
Thank you Jim, very kind of you to say
Great work, it's way out there -no way I would ever attempt anything like this.
Thanks Colin, I'm pleased to be able to finally bring him off the shelf of shame and contribute him to the GB

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Wizard prang old chap.....top hole!
in respect to your post about Roger Saunders, Michael Perry (one of the Perry twins, possibly the most well regarded and prolific sculptors in the miniatures field) lost the lower part of his right arm in an accident, and relearned sculpting with his left hand. Just goes to show that talent overcomes adversity.......trouble is, in my case, lack of talent is the adversary.....

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Wizard prang old chap.....top hole!
in respect to your post about Roger Saunders, Michael Perry (one of the Perry twins, possibly the most well regarded and prolific sculptors in the miniatures field) lost the lower part of his right arm in an accident, and relearned sculpting with his left hand. Just goes to show that talent overcomes adversity.......trouble is, in my case, lack of talent is the adversary.....
Thank you kindly, Tim.
I have heard of the brothers Perry but I didn't know that about Michael. I am well impressed.
Mind you, when you have a passion you kind of can't help yourself pursuing it somehow. I'm pretty sure most of us would find some way around a disability like that to keep on with our hobby. In fact I know of several members of this forum who have some quite serious difficulties that they overcome.
Respect to all of them.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excellent work, Neil. Both sculpting and painting !
John.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good job Neil. Once you've started down the 'sculpt your own figures' route there's no going back.

Bravo
John

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
'Very good job old chap...one good swig of the char and off we go for another scrap with Jerry...'
Self criticism is healthy in that it will spur you to better yourself. Denis is one terrific build from scratch. We will see more from you I'm sure but make it less than 8 years Neil. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Wonderful work Neil, as with others here, you have achieved something I would never dream of trying.
Thanks very much , Joe.

Good job Neil. Once you've started down the 'sculpt your own figures' route there's no going back.

Bravo
John
Cheers John. I know what you mean but you get quicker results if you paint figures OOB ..... ;)

'Very good job old chap...one good swig of the char and off we go for another scrap with Jerry...'
Self criticism is healthy in that it will spur you to better yourself. Denis is one terrific build from scratch. We will see more from you I'm sure but make it less than 8 years Neil. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard
Awfully good of you, old boy!
As for the eight years, my AFS Fireman bust has gone a little quicker, and should be ready for moulding in the next few days.

Thanks all for the kind comments

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Totally missed this one Neil. My apologies. Terrific result. You must be pleased

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Neil,
I think you are being to hard on yourself. that is a 1000% better than I could ever hope to do.