Neil's Tamiya 1/16th Luftwaffe Pilot

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That is a good likeness to Galland, Neil. You won't need much with paint to carry it further.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Had a lovely read through Neil. Very impressed with the changes you have made. Looking forward to seeing the wet stuff

First Name
Wouter
Mr. Galland is looking swell. I built his aircraft a couple of years ago, a Japanese company did a 1/48 figure of him, but this looks much much better! Looking forward to see the paint mate.

Cheers

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Well, I finally got the brushes out.
It's a bit different from 1/35 scale, that's for sure!
Contrary to my usual practice of leaving the face till last I decided to do it first and work downwards, to avoid handling the painted areas too much as I go along.
Not up to the standards of the other painters on here by any means, but it's a start.
Face (1).jpgFace (2).jpgFace (3).jpg
That's quite enough for one day!
Thanks for looking in
Neil

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That's Galland alright Neil, toning and blending will be fun with such a large canvas to play with.

Cheers,
Richard

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Great work Neil. certainly looks like our man.
Thank you Peter. To me he looks more like Antonio Banderas..........
Great Job... the jaunty angled cap and the cigars are a nice touch... full of character!
Cheers Jason, the cigar turned out better than I could have hoped, considering the little amount of effort I put into it
That's Galland alright Neil, toning and blending will be fun with such a large canvas to play with.

Cheers,
Richard
Thank you Richard, the toning and blending is the really scary part :flushed:

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Watching with interest as I am doing the same kit. Just need a smidge of filler around the arms and he will be ready for the primer. This will be my first figure so will be looking for tips.:smiling:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Not much to report with Dolfo ,unfortunately.
I discovered the need for more filler on his shoulders where the two parts of the Schwimmweste meet, so I decided to address that before going any further. I had to put a paper bag over his head though to protect the make-up ;)
IMG_20200722_082734710.jpg
cheers
Neil