Neo problem

B

bluebottle

While I was flat coating with Vallejo just now.. The air won't shut off without an extra tap on the trigger, and I can hardly get it to spray - it just stutters in small bursts. Had it apart and cleaned it, and it's still at it. Any ideas?

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I have one of these and it as the same problem I sent it back to the shop it came back working but soon reverted to not working again it now sits in a box on a shelf I just gave up on it . They are not real Iwata brushes Iwata just gave the company permission to use their name. So you are not really getting an Iwata item only by name. I hope you have more success with yours than I did all the best john

B

bluebottle

Looks like I'll have to have a word with John, as I originally got it from him, and as far as I know, it's still under guarantee..

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
As Andy said, nothing that a bit of lube can't solve, a sticking trigger wouldn't be covered under the guarantee

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Vallejo varnishes are well noted for gunging things up.

ALL airbrushes need a total stripdown clean after to get rid of any traces.

Have a good look at the needle as well. It might look clean, but does it feel clean. Try cleaning it off with some cellulose thinners.

If you are having trouble with liquids getting into the trigger chamber, you're going to have to tighten the seal. Most airbrushes allow this. Remove the needle, the needle holder, the trigger and you should be able (just) to see the hole at the bottom where the needle goes. This is where the seal/washer is. A long thin screwdriver a la watch maker will be able to reach it. Check to see that the retaining screw has not become loose.

The needle should pass the seal with a nice snug fit. There should be a little bit of resistance. If it can go though the hole with out any form of resistance, it will need tightening. Just a fraction of a turn will probably do the trick.

After Vallejo Varnish, I always flush with plenty of water, then airbrush cleaner. I take the tubes and holes with a cleaning brush as well. When I think I got it all, I do it again with cellulose thinner. Its sruprising how much crud there is the second time around. You have nowt to loose, so try giving it a proper clean, inside outside front and back. It could just save you a return and a long wait.

Ian M

PS if the trigger sticks, have you considered removing the air valve and cleaning that as well. And adjust the seal in the needle holder.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Try cleaning the nozzle with nail varnish remover or contact Iwata's customer service team. They helped me out when I had problems with my Iwata eclipse.

B

bluebottle

1- good point, need to get some lube , as it's gone missing

2- yet to try the seal

3-thanks guys!