New bf109 is 1/35 -yes 1/35

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking at the differences in size between the same aircraft made by different brands I recon either there are already a good few out there in 1/35 :tongue-out3:
For those in the know how would the size differ between the two scales?

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Depends on the units doesn’t it?

If it’s in inches, the difference would be 1 inch.
Or have I over simplified it?

Edit: I know that’s wrong, but it’s making my brain hurt. Someone explain it!

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I know i almost only do 72nd armour but I do dip in to other scales if its something I want to build then scale doesn't come into it ,in some ways this could be a great marketing ploy unifying the two scales ,I remember many many years ago most armour was 32nd scale with very few figures some of the brave would convert Brittans farm worker figures or use 54mm white metal figures ,then came the great cross over with the tamiya juggernaut a period of nice 35th figures that people wouldn't use on their beloved 32nd armour and vice a versa but at some point marketing and presentation (who can remember back then building there first tamiya tank the instructions with the panzer crew telling you what to do)pushed 32nd armour to the scrap yard 35th just became the excepted norm ,I'm not saying this will happen to 32nd aircraft but this will tempt a very large part of the market to dip in to a wingy thing in one of the most popular scales ,and if these kits are all they promise to be will people really snub them for the sake of 2.41mm. There is also a stuka in 35th coming and yes I did build my first few tamiya kits with the motor in and set them free on the garden path. Dave.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I guess the only folks who would care about the scale difference are diorama builders who want aircraft in their ground based builds, but even saying that, how much airfield stuff is available in either scale? Still a bold move though.

First Name
Melvin
Interesting Barry. To be honest though, I would think there would be more of a market for ground vehicles in 1/32 than aircraft in 1/35.

I thought it was always like that.