New build Progress.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
It's looking nice si some times the small and cheapest bring the most enjoyment keep up the good workGeegad

P

ping-pong

Thanks John, ill post some more pics soon. its coming on well, i think. my poor eyes though. some parts are so small. :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks mighty fine to me simon.A great base for a bit of weathering, cant find any fault with it so far, cheers tony

P

ping-pong

weathering sounds like a great idea. would you mind if i pick your brain on some good techniques in how to achieve a good weathered effect. :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
There are loads of great armour modellers on here simon, hopefully theyll chip in with some weathering advice,im not the best person to ask,being mainly an aircraft modeller. The only armour ive done,I just drybrushed with various browns and added a few paint chips and rust streaks and scabs. Dry brushing is easy, just get an old brush , put some brown(or whatever colour) paint on it then wipe it on a piece of kitchen roll till theres hardly any left onthe brush.A good test is to brush your finger and if just your fingerprint gets highlighted then its just the right amount, obviously if all your finger gets coloured then its still a bit too wet. Then just brush the areas you want to mucky up with a kind of scrubbing,dabbing motion, if you want more you can always go over it again. Try it on a bit of scrap stuff first before you commit to doing it on the model. As i said hopefully someone more experienced in these things will come along soon. in the meantime heres one of my efforts,drybrushed with a dark earth colour,to try and illustrate my ramblings! . cheers tony

View attachment 36443

View attachment 36444

View attachment 36445

P1050383 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050389 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050390 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks nice Simon,it doesn't matter how fancy your weathering etc is if you don't first put the model together well to start with. You've clearly done that with this one.

Cheers

Steve

L

lemoff

Good work fella. Im struggling to get round to spraying mine, i dont want to start yet another without getting these done lol.

P

ping-pong

Hello mate pop round and use our cardboard cut out spray booth lol.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I apologies for my very belated welcome to the forum Simon.

What a great little kit and you are making a very nice job of it.

Well done.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That is one very detailed kit and very well built and painted.

Personally, I wouldn't cammo it, it's just fine as it is.

Are you going to have a stab at a bit of weathering Simon?

Cheers,

Ron

P

ping-pong

I think i might have a go at a bit. i have the tamiya weathering pack thing. dont know whether it is any good.

got the HMSC Snowberry to do next. lol. im scared.

G

GazB

Hi Simon,

Only just spotted this. I have just finished this one too. (i have some pics in my gallery) I was my first vehicle build a I have only made aircraft before. I don't know how you found making it but I was very, very impressed, the instructions were clear, and the quality of the kit was superb. It was also my first Academy brand model - if they are all that good i'll be buying more.

I also have the tank you use in your signature pic in my small stash to build later - If I had to guess i'd say we both like picking up what's on offer at Modelzone, lol :smiling:

P

ping-pong

hi gaz,

Sure is a modelzone sale model, got it for £4.99. The tank is great to, another bargain. There are some pics on the tank thread. I'd recommend academy model to anyone. Its terrible everytime i walk into a model shop i walk out with at least one model. Today i bought a 1:32 revell junkers and three kits of bits that would go well in a diorama. I hear of everyones stash and its so understandable, im addicted,lol.

Cheers

Si :smiling3: