New Company - initial 1/48 release... impressive.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I have seen an article on The Modelling News, a new Chinese company called 'Minibase' is about to release their first kit, a 1/48 SU33 Flanker. Their 'blurb' says that they are using all the very latest technology including slide molding.

Not necessarily what I am looking for, but I was really impressed by the sprue shots. The surface detail looked amazing but what really made me post this was the one piece missiles, the thin fins molded in place. Take a look also at the seats...

This kit could be quite amazing though, I can see how it could also present a challenge or two.

I would like to hear what the 1/48 jet afficionados think about it.

Now, if only they bring out a line of 1/32 WW2 warbirds in this quality..... happy days.

• Love
Reactions: JR

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
It does look really good although I suspect the flap attachments may be a bit fragile. I'll be watching out for build reviews.

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I'm sold just by the wheels......hopefully the production runs come out as good.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow that is some detail , will keep an eye on them for sure.Thanks Bary.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Some lovely detail there, the one piece missiles look good, no doubt it will be a complex build, but very rewarding none the less.

Andy.

First Name
Edward
That's some kit. May be one on my future build list. Let's hope they release a Jaguar 1:32 soon :smiling3: