New enamel from "Xtracolor"

C

CDW

Hopefully this is of interest to some builders.........

Was in my local model shop last week and the lad informed me that Xtracolor have recently released the Green/blue colour that is found in Soviet aircraft cockpits/offices.

Apparently this hasn't been available as an individual paint before (i wouldn't know myself) and it's a hard one to get right by mixing standard colours (although to me it just looks like a "dull matt turquios" :smiling3: )

They will be releasing it as an acrylic later this year according to the shops sources.

C

Caledonia

White Ensign have had one out for a few years used it on my Trumpeter SU-27B and Mig-29M, Ordering code is AC SM 07. Cheers Derek

https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/c/Modern+SovietRussian+Federation/222/1/

C

CDW

To be honest Derek, when i was in the shop and the lad was showing me this tin I thought there would possibly be other brands available, it's just that the lad in the shop seemed well excited with this particular one ... so i thought it might be of interest.

Thanks for the link mate.

C

Caledonia

Thanks Colin, It's always handy to have an alternative. My only problem with White Ensign is you don't have a colour chart so you are relying on blind faith when you order. Having said that it's a beautiful paint to airbrush/hand brush. Cheers Derek