New features added to the shop

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've been adding new features to the shop over the past couple of days to make it easier to find things, the first thing is you can now shop be things like scale, model type, manufacture and I will be added more in time

Also the software I use for the shop the search is pretty poor, if you searched for example Tamiya paint you would get hundreds of results because it would find everything with the words Tamiya and paint in it, so I've made it a little more intelligent, now when you start typing it will bring up suggestions with a description and picture, in the pictures below you will see if I start typing Airfix it will start to list everything Airfix but when I add tank to it it narrows it down.

I would like your feedback on it and if you can think of any other improvements please let me know and I will look in to it

L

lemoff

I saw the options on the left hand side yesterday when looking around, i thought it was new. I really dont need another kit right now but that isnt the point hehe, doesnt stop me looking :D

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
I saw the options on the left hand side yesterday when looking around, i thought it was new. I really dont need another kit right now but that isnt the point hehe, doesnt stop me looking :D
It doesn't just show on kits but on every other category, in paints I was going to add options like rlm colours or British colours etc but I didn't realise how big of a job it is when I have about 500 paints to do, I think that will be a long term project :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good changes John. You might just want to edit the second part of the first sentence in your post though...lol . A bit knackered in the eyes maybe? ;)

Ian M

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Good changes John. You might just want to edit the second part of the first sentence in your post though...lol . A bit knackered in the eyes maybe? ;)Ian M
Should have gone to specsavers :smiling3: