New group build -1/48 Zvezda BF109F-2

G

garethm

msm2, yes mate I got my figures wrong, I will show pictures of the partially built monster I have many piccies to take and load up, all takes time.

Cheers Gareth.

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Thanks Gareth-Totally appreciate the praise.

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Thanks Graham....I certainly hope so!

BTW:

Am I now able to receive all thread post notification through email? Thanks, Jeff

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Hello all!

Well, the honeymoon is over as this kit is so extremely detailed-its hard to determine what I need to leave as its going to be an in flight model. Some have mentioned that Zvezda kits tend to be over engineered and now I've felt that first sting. As you can see, the internal wing structure is complex and will not be seen when the wing is closed up. However, the canvas wheel well covers require two separate pieces that also form another piece of bracing. Whew! I needed to cut away portions of this piece to complete the wheel well as I could not find anyway to make the canvas cover assembly to fit as per instructions.The gaps will be filled with "stuff" I also will need to reinforce the panel access covers to make sure they don't pop out. Engine detail is simply superb but this kit is far beyond my current skill set. Take care, Jeff

bf109f gut work pictures by jspitza - Photobucket

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rogue-one

hi jeff. looks like this is coming along nicely. but looking at your photo's i think your tricking us, i looks like your young one is doing all the work! ha ha. :wink:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Jeff

Stick with it mate (not literally) it seems every model has it's tricky patch and it you may have hit your's. I'm sure it will all be fine. As for this model being beyond your skill set, I simply don't believe it - your cockpit detail is fabulous and expecting much the same for the rest of the model.

All the best.

Paul

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Bobbie-Paul:

Guys-I needed to hear that! Thanks for your words of encouragement. I know it won't really be scene much but I'm still scratching my head as to why? This model was GOING to be perfect no matter what so when I had to chop up pieces, I freaked out a little. Take care, Jeff

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
OMG!!! Four weeks from the last post?

Well, I'm currently on cape cod and can't wait to start the build up again. Summer goes by fast especially when the subject bites back!!! Summer flooding does not help matters either as our little town here in the USA made national headlines for record rainfall-8 inches in 20 minutes! Take care hope to have pictures up soon. Take care, Jeff

R

rogue-one

looking forward to the pic jeff, sounds like there's been some classic scottish weather taking a holiday over your way, lol.

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
subject destroyed

Thanks Bobby!

Now, for some bad news: Due to our recent flooded basement\studio I was forced to move everything out due to molding drywall, ect. Well just tonight while taking a closer look at my workbench I decided it was needed , for safety reasons to be temporarily moved during the water damage cleanup. During this time I had my BF109F crushed to pieces. Only thing I might be able to save is the decals which are weak at best. This sucks, ,,,,,sucks. So, who wants another 1/32 BF109F??:sobbing:

Moderators, please advise if I could continue using another kit in theme. Take care, Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

Sorry to hear this Jeff. We do seem to have been cursed of late with members having disasters of one sort or another. Of course you can start another build for the GB, no problem at all.

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
I've found a very old, broken up Hobbycraft DO-17 that looks like it could be a great milliput\aves apoxie sculpt experiment. All of the parts are broken off the sprue-this is probably why I got the thing for under $18.00! But I'm planning to go to the LHS this morning so you NEVER know what might turn up:hehe: What a summer, ehe? Take care, Jeff

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sorry about the flooded basement/ruined work. Hope your new project is up and running soon.

All the best.

Paul

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Guys I can't thank you enough for your understanding, support through this unbelievably frustrating summer and words of encouragement! I'm still a little short on time and the subject may or may not be able to be picked just yet. If I can get this last patch of drywall up, it will be a huge burden off of my mind and schedule. I'll hopefully be able to set up a new thread but October is approaching fast. Take care, Jeff