New Member - Airborne 01

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good to be amongst like-minded people! I've been making models since the early '60s (You do the maths!) mainly 1/35 armour and larger scale aircraft but the occasional 'I like the look of that...' model Fortunate enough to have a dedicated man cave/modelling retreat and an understanding wife. Hope all are well

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Morning, good to have you aboard, this place is full of old modellers, young modellers, middle aged modellers, each have various personalities and characters (yes you read that right!), each have various skills... this place is a haven for knowledge, I've been here about 7 years and wouldn't go anywhere else!
Will look forward to seeing your makes.

Lee

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN WELCOME from me also Steve this is the forum to be on as they talk regulary nr every day not like some forum where u might get an anwer once a month or longer hope you enjoy this forum as ive only been on here two yrs but have made a lot of freinds i like to think as they all are to me
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Good morning and a warm welcome sir!

Hope you enjoy your time, i certainly have!

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Welcome, not been here long, but 'the natives are friendly' ;) :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
This is a very friendly, helpful forum. I am sure that you'll enjoy your time here.
Jim

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steve

Welcome to the site. I hope you will post some of your projects soon. Always very encouraging the comments you will receive.

John (From the wilds of Quebec)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Steve
welcome to the site. Post your stuff when you feel comfortable, we’d love to see it.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Steve,
welcome to the site - a wide range of models being made by a wide range of modellers. Plenty of tips, hints & advice ( some of which can even be worth taking! ). Just enjoy it, no stress, no pressure...........
Dave

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Welcome, welcome, welcome to the tea party w/o time. The 60s were great for hobbies of all sorts:smiling2:. PaulE
The first few years were great - then nothing but travel with the MN and the Army, however eventually scraped a couple of models together - the late 70's were the real start of the stash fixation! Now blessed retirement and a growing backlog - well I suppose we must all suffer for our art dahlinks!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The first few years were great - then nothing but travel with the MN and the Army, however eventually scraped a couple of models together - the late 70's were the real start of the stash fixation! Now blessed retirement and a growing backlog - well I suppose we must all suffer for our art dahlinks!
Steve,
ex-MN here - Clan Line, Bank Line - just a distant memory that seemed to happen to someone else! I didn't have a stash until 2000 or so ( but I've made up for it since then )
Dave

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Steve,
ex-MN here - Clan Line, Bank Line - just a distant memory that seemed to happen to someone else! I didn't have a stash until 2000 or so ( but I've made up for it since then )
Dave
Tugs and banana run - imagine a callow youth leering at all that suntanned female flesh during Carnival - mmmmmmmmmm

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Steve,
It's a warm welcome from me as well. I look forward to seeing you and your builds. You are amongst a great group of people.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Welcome to the forum Steve. East End eh? Knees up mother brown and all that. COYI! lol

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Just as well i'm English then lol. Joys of being posted up here with the RAF.