R

Rik101

Hi all, my name is Rik and I am a computer engineer by trade.

I am an experienced modeller but am a bit rusty as until recently I hadn't built a kit in more than 15 years so my knowledge and techniques are somewhat out of date.

What with working with computers all day then doing the same at home I decided to rekindle my model making hobby.

In the past I built mostly WW2 aircraft and tanks. I am currently into building 1/24 scale cars. I do like to do something a little different so am currently building a Tamiya  Zakspeed Capri which will be radio controlled and a Revell Mk1 Golf GTI which is being heavily modified (amongst a fair few other kits that I have recently bought).

I look forward to learning a bit more about model making.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi Rik , welcome to the forum . have a good look round and dont be shy asking anything youre not sure about, cheers tony

R

Rik101

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have a question about making plastic slurry but I'm not sure what forum to post it in.

K

Kressy_13

Welcome mate. As for the slurry question, not sure mate. I'm sure someone will come along soon that knows.

Cheers.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome Rik. I hope that you enjoy it in here.

plastic slurry... As in filler type thing? Make a load of shavings from the sprues and mix them into cellulose thinners until as thick as you need it. Use with caution...it melts plastic after all. lol

First Name
Gwyn
Welcome Rick, I am sure you will enjoy this very friendly forum, I look forward to seeing your work.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hello and welcome to the friendliest forum on the net 

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Rik.

Welcome to the forum :D

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Welcome aboard Rik! Do you know modelling is addictive with no known cure! :D :D :D