First Name
Gary
Hi friends,

I'm returning to modelling after 30+ years. I used to do a lot when I was a teenager but life, love and work got in the way! I am just collecting all my kit ready to build a 1/24 scale replica of a BMW that I owned back in the day. My first question is relating to mods. The kit comes a s a left hand drive. On the BMW 3 series the dashboard is not symmetrical and is therefore angled towards the driving position. Has anyone ever tried to change a dashboard to RHD and if so can you give me any tips or advice? Many thanks

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Welcome Gary to a great forum but i cant help you as i build floaty things but i should think there are other on here who can hope you enjoy the forum
chrisb

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Welcome Gary, I believe the center of the dash board is angled with the gear console which needs re-scratching. The rest just needs switching over I think. Which year 3 Series is it?

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Gary
Welcome Gary, I believe the center of the dash board is angled with the gear console which needs re-scratching. The rest just needs switching over I think. Which year 3 Series is it?

Cheers,
Richard
Richard it's the 320 E36

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Gary
A warm welcome to the best forum there is.
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Gary,
welcome to the forum! Changing from LH to RH steering will need a fair amount of scratchbuilding - reference photos essential ! Don't forget the different windscreen wipers position & rear view mirrors!
I've seen LH > RH resin dashboards for lorries, there may be the same for cars......................
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Welcome to the madhouse Gary. I can’t help with your query I’m afraid. It will be interesting to see your build though. I had an E30 series 2 320 back in the day.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
A company called USCP, Ukraine scale cars production do a complete resin rhd interior, designed for the hasagawa kit.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi friends,

I'm returning to modelling after 30+ years. I used to do a lot when I was a teenager but life, love and work got in the way! I am just collecting all my kit ready to build a 1/24 scale replica of a BMW that I owned back in the day. My first question is relating to mods. The kit comes a s a left hand drive. On the BMW 3 series the dashboard is not symmetrical and is therefore angled towards the driving position. Has anyone ever tried to change a dashboard to RHD and if so can you give me any tips or advice? Many thanks
Welcome to our world mate - are you sure you're ready for this ... ? :upside:
Steve

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome aboard!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well Howdy Gary, Hope you are ready to do some serious scratch building.........that is no easy task you have there. Hope you get it figured out. I would be interested to see how you do it so feel free to post up some progress photos as you go. :thumb2: