New shop site running slow

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Has anyone else noticed that the new shop layout runs quite sedately compared to the old one? Or is it just me?

This isn't a complaint, just an observation, but I noticed it on the first day it was introduced, and figured it would just take time to settle in, but it's still the same. Not so slow that it makes me want to go elsewhere, but I definitely need to make time to browse and order stuff now as I know it'll take a while.

Like now, I've just ordered a couple of things and was going to top up some paints and other things I need while doing the order, but it was taking too long so I've not bothered.

As I say, not a complaint as it is what it is, but I just wondered if anyone else had noticed, or if @John was aware.

Cheers,
Andy.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
It is running a bit slower, it can depend on what browser you're using and if you're logged in or not, I've enabled logged in user cache and started to preload the pages, try browsing while you're not logged in, see if it's better

D

Deleted member 7181

Much faster when not logged in! Very snappy, almost instant.

Logged in - 5-6 seconds from click to page loading.

I know what I'll be doing from now on then. Thanks again.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It is running a bit slower, it can depend on what browser you're using and if you're logged in or not, I've enabled logged in user cache and started to preload the pages, try browsing while you're not logged in, see if it's better
Should that not be the other way around. Make work faster for those that have an account and have logged in... lol

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Should that not be the other way around. Make work faster for those that have an account and have logged in... lol

No, you can cache for users not logged in.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If I can mention one thing that I am not to pleased with about the new site, it would be the mad mix of "other scale kits". Took me forever to look for a model boat found them in there in the end. lol. ( you had none in stock lol ).

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
I found something similar when a bunch of tanks are included under ‘1/72 planes’