new shop website ?

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
i had to re register, John for the shop is that right , i thought it was a scam at first , silly me

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Hi Steve, no not a scam, I was just going to announce it, it went live yesterday, because we have move on a totally new platform it wasn't an easy job moving the accounts over, and with the new laws coming in regarding data protection we thought it would be better to just have people register again, but the good news is the reward points are back and you get 500 to start you off just for registering :smiling3:

S

Stevekir

It looks nice. However, I find it difficult to choose Model Air paints (as an example). I usually look at Vallejo's Model Air colour chart and make a note of the reference numbers I want. Your listing of these starts with 71.xyz where xyz is a three digit number, then lists those with two digit numbers. But those are not in numerical order! For instance, 71.029 and 71.027 are in amongst the higher three digit numbers as I scroll through the listing. Also, the search finds "71.29" and "71.27" successfully, albeit in amongst all colours containing "27" or "29" somewhere in their designations.

Could the numbers not be listed simply in strict numerical order please? Like in snmstuff.

Also, when going through the Model Air listings I need to press "More" to get the next page (only one next page is offered). Other sites allow buttons to take me to successive blocks of about 30 paints. When doing that I can see the paint numbers in the current block and allow me to immediately skip several blocks to another block more likely to hold my target paint.

Thanks, Steve Kirkby

Last edited by a moderator:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
instance, 71.029 and 71.027 are in amongst the higher three digit numbers as I scroll through the listing. Also, the search finds "71.29" and "71.27" successfully, albeit in amongst all colours containing "27" or "29" somewhere in their designations.

That’s from a previous import when excel removed the zero’s, I keep changing them as I find them.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Morning John,
a minor point I noticed when ordering the other day- when you choose to buy something the button says add to basket. Once pressed they change to add to cart
As I said, only a minor point and it doesn't affect the ordering process - just looks a bit odd

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Thanks Simon I will get that sorted, I like continuity.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
I have used the shop a few times before. Great service. The shop front is clear and easy to navigate :thumb2:. I sincerely hope that a positive by-product of 'the invasion' will be to put more trade your way.
Jim