New to the forum, getting back into Modelling

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome to the asylum!!

• Haha
Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
........ and it`s a warm welcome from me too Mathew.......
..... I look forward to seeing you around the parish :thumb2:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Welcome to the craziest modelling site on the net, we've got it all in here, lunatics, masochists, pyromaniacs... sounds like you'll fit right in.. ;)
seriously though, you couldn't ask for a more friendly site, no judgments, a tiny bit of sarcasm and the biggest knowledge base I've ever known, so pull up a chair grab a brew and a hobnob and remember the only stupid question is the one you never ask..
Lunatics, Masochists, Pyromaniacs... I'm beating myself up on this cos I fink we need sum recognition ...Wot's wrong wiv us sadists mate? Why are we always left out?
Steve (aka Marquis de Stepain)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
If you're looking for the NUTHOUSE.........you found it Matthew. love to see your diorama, if it's not done yet post it up in the Dioramas under construction section and have at it. The more the merrier! :thumb2: ;)

First Name
Matthew
If you're looking for the NUTHOUSE.........you found it Matthew. love to see your diorama, if it's not done yet post it up in the Dioramas under construction section and have at it. The more the merrier! :thumb2: ;)
The diorama isn't even started. I'm still working on the models. The Tiger is complete. Everything else is still under construction.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I used to do racecars and the like, but now I'm more interested in military models. I'm presently working on a Tiger diarama (painting people is a pain in the behind). And I'm hoping to build a model ship once I've completed my current project.
Hi Mathew, welcome aboard. :tears-of-joy: If you think painting diorama figures are a pain, wait till you paint sailors on your ship. Can't run away...lots of help too relieve the behind pain with practice and advice here. So, ask away.

Cheers,
Wabble

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
That's a fine looking Tiger mate,

Have a look at the link below, It's by a guy named Martin Kovac..aka 'Nightshift, and he breaks figure painting down into simple easy steps...(I use this method when doing my own figures).

Painting blokes

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Another welcome Mathew, nice photos as well .
You'll fit in here alright , esp if you have a sense of humour.