new trains

S

shadowmaker

i have been on ebay and bought lots of stuff £250 worth of engines, coaches and wagons then i went to the model shop and bought another £110 worth of stuff so i think i must pay the old credit card off now before the misses gets the credit card statement (she will kill me but i am paying it off!!!!!!!!) :hmmm:

R

rjwood_uk

ouch!

hope you get all the stuff off ebay ok and have no probelms!!!

J

jankers

Ok, so you can tell her it's a one-off (two-off?) and spend ages sorting out the layout so the monthly cost seems reasonable. She might buy it?

J.

S

shadowmaker

just a quick note spent a lil more the total is now £391 and i have a told her that will pay it off £40 every 2 weeks!! she agreed to it!!!

S

shadowmaker

yeh i have seen dynamite25 ya have a nice collection!!! i did have nice lil collection ages ago but i had to sell em due to being short of money! took my step daughter to great central railway and it kinda started me off again so have spent lots on stuff but now i can afford it!!!

S

shadowmaker

stuff i have ordered has now started rolling in to my home now from ebay bought some 3 foot lengths of tracks 5 for a fiver not bad money spent!!!

S

shadowmaker

well in total i think i must have a bout 2000 quids worth as i have bought the pullman boxset the northern belle with the duchess of sutherland as the loco supplied!! i have posted some pics in the layouts section of this site!!i need a few more boards still as it will be a pretty long layout when done i may have to join a club and take the set to shows and see what others say about it and get appinions!if any of you suggestions you are more than welcome to send me them!!!!!

S

shadowmaker

well i have been at it again been spending on ebay (damn that place is addictive) spent another £300 quid again but paid by postal order not by credit card!!!:nono:

A

alan2525

I went to a local builders merchant the other week and there was an elderly guy - in his late 70's asking the young chap behind the counter for advice on building his first 00 layout.

Anyhow not being in a particular rush and being the nosey kind of person I am - just overheard the conversation. I thought it was fun though as the guy who worked in the builders yard only 18 or 19 used to apparently be heavily into model railways and was offering advice on constructing base boards and buying 2nd hand rolling stock and locos it seems as if the elderly guy was just taking up a new hobby.

I guess it goes to show you're never too old, or young to take up a new hobby!

S

shadowmaker

well things have moved on now i must have about 3 or 4 thousand pounds worth of stuff. i have been building a couple of base boards but i will definately need more base boards. I have bought a few more bits now have got a 2mt a 2-6-4, 2-8-0 and a 2mt 2-6-0 got a lot more wagons and coaches as well now. so now i must start work on it soon. i have done abit but other stuff keeps me from it like building a new bed for the stepdaughter. and moving the house a round for new fridge freezer and laptop computers!

so any how must get on with work now!!!