boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi all I have been looking at your wonderfull models on this forum an I would like to take part . My name is Chris an I have been model making on an off for about 50yrs or so an I term myself an average modeller so I use modeller' licence to make up if I get some thing's on my model's a bit wrong but I like to enjoy the hobby . I have built planes 'plastic kit's an R/C modern warship's an some star trek kit's .I've just bought a brand new P/C an it crashed after two wks of use now after about a month of it bein repaired hopefully I can introduce my self I'm new to this windows 10 so please exscuse me if I make a few mistakes on here.An could u guys please tell me how to post pic's on here ? sorry if I have run on a bit but I'm nervous about comin on here chris

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Welcome! No need to be nervous Chris, they're a pretty friendly bunch here.

Pete

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Welcome from me too Chris. To echo Pete's comments. No need to be nervous, just muck in and enjoy your time with us.

P.S. Just look out for 453 Race, He's a bit dodgy, otherwise we are all reasonably normal.... :upside::thumb2:

Ron

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
A warm welcome to a very friendly forum. There are many very knowledgeable modellers here only to willing to help and support you.
Posting photos - I am assuming the photos are saved on your computer. It is better I think if the photos are not too big. I alter mine to be 1000 pixels across. At the bottom left, just below the text box, is a paper clip with the words Attach files. Click there and choose/select the photo you wish to include. That photo will load itself and then gives you a choice to include it as a thumbnail or full image. Put you cursor in your post where you want the photo to appear and click full image and your photo will appear - hopefully!!
There may well be other ways but that is how I do it and it is simple and it works.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Chris, it's a warm welcome from me. It's a great bunch of people on here very friendly and full of good advice. Looking forward to seeing some of your work and seeing you around.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Chris, welcome aboard mate, you’ll love it....

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Chris. Great to have a new member - welcome aboard. No need to feel nervous either - this is the friendliest and most supportive site on t'internet.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It is better I think if the photos are not too big. I alter mine to be 1000 pixels across.
No need for that, the forum software resizes photos you upload so they’re 1024 pixels along their longest side, if they’re bigger than that.

The only reason to reduce the size of the photos before uploading is if you have a slow connection, limited data that you don’t want to eat into too much, or similar reasons. If you’re on an something like a DSL line with effectively no data limits (no idea what the standard in the UK is, but that’s pretty much it in the Netherlands :smiling3:) then there’s no need to put in the effort of changing the photos’ size yourself before uploading.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome aboard Chris, no sweat just have at it. We all make mistakes but being part of this forum is not one of them. Ron is right about patient 453...and his nutso parrot! lol.:tongue-out3:
Rick H.

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Chris, like everyone has said - welcome aboard :thumb2:

Good friendly bunch here always ready to help/offer advice.

Just watch out for that Race / Dzohn guy tho' and never give him a light if he asks for one!!!
:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

Paul.
:smiling3:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Welcome to the forum Chris. You're amongst good people on here. Don't worry about mistakes. We all make them. Just part of being human and the learning process. Enjoyment is the main thing

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Welcome to the plastic welders asylum Chris, you have chosen a great site to join.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
From one Chris to another..Welcome aboard, there's a good bunch of folks on here and some very talented Modelers who are always ready to help out with friendly advice and stuff if things go a bit 'Pete Tong' with a build..

:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Helllo Chris and welcome on this very friendly Forum :smiling::smiling::smiling:

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hello Chris and welcome to the madhouse. Great bunch on here. I've learnt alot and had some laughs.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Welcome, welcome, welcome! PaulE, aka patient #105