boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hello all many thanks to you all for the warm welcome an uploading pic's info.An I will try to upload some of my build pic's in the new yr as I'm still trying to lean how to use this new window's 10 p/c I'm finding it quite hard it seems v-complicated compaired to window's vista on my old pc .So to help me get use to this p/c I have a young lady called sue (a friend of my wife ) to come an help me on probs on my p/c as ive had a lot. At the moment my printer won't talk to my p/c hopefully she will sort this prob out for me as I said in new yr .An hopefully she will help me upload my build pic's on to this fantastic forum .An now christmas is near I have treated my self to a 1/32nd scale trumpy super hornet to hopefully put the build on here an while I was in Hannants buying said model with my wife I could not make up my mind as I really wanted a super tomcat in the same scale.an while I was lookin at kits my wife disappeared only for me to meet her back in my car I asked her where she went to just for a walk she said so I left it at that .Anyway the missus has put up xmas tree an with the other presents from friends there is a big box all double wrapped up in xmas paper.Iknow its double wrapped as ive treid to take a sneak peek but more paper so she got me on that no peekin .Sorry if ive droned on Any way a very happy Christmas to you all chris

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Chris,
Welcome along. Fancy taking a sneaky look at the gifts under the tree...Santa won’t be happy :smiling5:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Welcome to the forum Chris. A lot of knowledgeable people here to help and encourage. Good luck with the computer and we will look forward to seeing your first build here soon. Good luck

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Welcome Chris
There’s a bunch of great guys here with a lot of knowledge there willing to share with you and help you if you get in a tough fix. Lee aka patient #309

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
A warm welcome to a very friendly forum. There are many very knowledgeable modellers here only to willing to help and support you.
Posting photos - I am assuming the photos are saved on your computer. It is better I think if the photos are not too big. I alter mine to be 1000 pixels across. At the bottom left, just below the text box, is a paper clip with the words Attach files. Click there and choose/select the photo you wish to include. That photo will load itself and then gives you a choice to include it as a thumbnail or full image. Put you cursor in your post where you want the photo to appear and click full image and your photo will appear - hopefully!!
There may well be other ways but that is how I do it and it is simple and it works.
Jim
Hi Jim could you please tell me again how to post pic's on here from the start as I logged in on here in the NEWBIE section an I minimised the site so I could bring up my G MAIL an I put in the site address an hit the paperclip an it shew me the pic an I clicked it into the mail location an then hit send .but all I got up was error message an saying address not recognised any help will be most helpful thanks chris

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
  1. Click the “Attach files” button below the field in which you can type your message. A window will open in which you can browse the files on your computer.
  2. In this window, go to the folder in which you keep the photos.
  3. Click on the photo(s) you want to add to your message.
    • To select more than one, keep the Ctrl key on your keyboard pressed and click on all the photos you want to add. (If you select a wrong one by mistake, just click it again to deselect it.)
  4. Let go of the Ctrl key, if you’re pressing it.
  5. Click the OK button in the window in which you can choose the photos.
  6. Underneath your message, the photos will begin appearing, with a so-called progress bar next to them that fills up from left to right. Wait until this has disappeared for all the photos you’ve selected.
  7. You will now see small versions of all those photos under your message, with two buttons next to them: “Thumbnail” and “Full image”.
    • Click “Thumbnail” to insert a small version of the photo into your message
    • Click “Full Image” to insert a full-size photo instead. (I would recommend this one.)

If you find you haven’t attached all the files you wanted to, you can just do the above again for those you missed.

On the other hand, if you attached a file you didn’t mean to, click the “Delete” button next to it to remove it from the message (if you don’t, it will still be posted with it, as an attachment below the text).

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow and Welcome Chris , that is one good looking ship .
Contrary to what Ron says I mearly set fire to things , well some times . Mad yes , but so are a lot of us. Watch Steve Jones he's mad on Camo , doesn't matter what is it's he'll have you doing it .:smiling:
You will not find a better forum anywhere for help and you will make some great friends .
John .
Ward 3

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Hi guys here is a test pic of the biggest model ive built so far its USS NIMITZ CVN 68 in 1/144th scale an its nr 9ft long on her maiden voyage.
That looks very good :smiling3:

lets hope it comes up ok
It does. You can also check that before posting your message, by clicking the Preview button below the text field. This will show you, below the message, what it will look like once you do actually post it. (Don’t forget to do that, of course!)

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Chris,
That’s a beast of a ship! I’d be too petrified of it sinking or something happening to it while in water! Looks fantastic.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks guys my friends an all the chaps on onther forum said the same thing an said it should go into a glass case in a museum but I told them I built it to be a working model an it was for three yrs until my back prob got worst.An I could not lift her so she got sold to a friend who is a collecter chris