Next build folks

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
This was indeed a pleasant surprise! Since I finally got around to beginning my copy of the very same kit in the GB, I hope to follow this as well to be forewarned, learn about which colours to use, etc.

Here's hoping for your full recovery and a pleasurable remaining build!
Thank you very much sir

I have a slight obsession with StuG's with 4 in the painting stage. Not too sure you will learn much lol

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Its been months & months but, back to StuG Ausf A ( 2), lots of StuGs on the go, lovely!!

Almost ready, if you can remember that far back, the A (2) used a Pz 111 F hull with the supertructure from the up and coming Ausf B which had a redesigned gunner roof hatch. The Dragon A kit does not come with the new hatch.

Thanks to Mike's generous help he made one!!! Cracking skills!!! The white area is the scratched hatch, perfect fit:thumb2:
20210208_155019.jpg

I have tacked the superstructure as it was a stuggle to fit, got more to do inc adding the fender supports which go underneath, they should straighten up the fenders

20210208_155031.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Any one seen Mike recently Bob. ?

I've emailed him and had no reply.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Nearly there folks :smiling:

Added some plastic card to represent the 20mm added armour to the bow, this added to the Pz 111's 30mm bringing the total thickness up to a StuG' 50mm
20210211_130748.jpg

Could have been neater, d'oh! Could not think of a way to represent the screws so used some Verlinden bolt heads, very, very small, the set said to clean up first, clean up i'd need the Hubble space telescope to see it;)

Still i think it looks ok, but not to close please!! Next paint the wheels and DS tracks

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nearly there folks :smiling:

Added some plastic card to represent the 20mm added armour to the bow, this added to the Pz 111's 30mm bringing the total thickness up to a StuG' 50mm
View attachment 413686

Could have been neater, d'oh! Could not think of a way to represent the screws so used some Verlinden bolt heads, very, very small, the set said to clean up first, clean up i'd need the Hubble space telescope to see it;)

Still i think it looks ok, but not to close please!! Next paint the wheels and DS tracks
LOVE it Bob mate looks really good its settin the model off
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's neat placement Bob, too easy to get one out of line when you glue.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Fiited the remaining PE, will hopefully use some 1 35 chain for the towing pins and smoke candles
20210226_145139.jpg
20210226_145211.jpg
20210226_145224.jpg
Started to add the lighting cables, following Steve who used Tamiya cable on his superb StuG C/D build, not bad to work with.

Bob

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Can see your point Tim, asked the misses if i could drive her car (not mine) into one to see what happened, she said no, bit unfair i think;)
(Bob qoute )

HAHA:rolling::smiling::smiling::smiling: :thinking:WHATS this about askin julie for her car to drive into a telegraph pole cor you got some nerve Bob lol:rolling::smiling::smiling::smiling: an she said no i dont blame her an what car has she got ? that you are so willing to wreck ? lol
you as bad as me nicking the missus stockin lol
chris