Next build

C

colprit

Well going to try my hand at an old Revell kit my youngest Daughter bought at a bootsale for a £10. It's a Bo 105 Helitow 1:32 scale and it's about 20 yrs old. This will be only the second attempt at a chopper, the last one was the airfix search and rescue kit with a lifeboat and chopper and I made a right pigs ear of the chopper. So this might be fun, will keep you posted, this will also be my first attempt at airbrushing so really setting myself some challenges this time wish me luck.

T

T. van Vuuren

If it was the 1/72 Airfix RAF Sea King I did the same BAD job of it, not a nice projest for me :sad:

At 1/32 it should be a nice helo, post pix as you go

Theuns

C

colprit

Hi Theuns yes it was the 1/72 set I'm glad I'm not the only one who had problems with it makes me feel so much better.

T

T. van Vuuren

Halfway through I fot fedup with the thing and gave it to my little one to play with ,that lasted all of 30 min before it was broken.

This model put me off Airfix untill I got a 1/48 EE lightninh.The quality is much better and the fit sofar seems good.

Theuns

C

colprit

Theuns I did the same thing I gave it to my grandson, it put me off airfix to and I've only ever bought an fw190 1/72 to use as a test model since.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Strange how we adopt these prejudices! I'm as guilty as anyone. After a couple of horrible Revell kits I avoided them like the plague until I was tempted by the big Ju88. To be honest that wasn't the easiest build I've ever done,though not bad. I still shy away from Revell a bit even though I know they make some fine kits.

Hopefully your big chopper (oooh errrr missus) will be fine.

Cheers

Steve

C

colprit

Steve, remind me to stick to planes or armour in future. I HATE CHOPPERS!:busted_red: This might be the last one I ever do. So much glass God only knows how I am going to mask them up. Bxxxxy things keep popping out every five minutes. I just hope the glue has taken hold after leaving it dry over night, we'll see today. Got a blob of glue on finger didn't see it you know where it ended up, yep on a clear bit. Got most of out will need to do some more work on it though I know it wont completly disapeer though. I think I might mess this up with the airbrush anyhow. Still onward and upwards I Spose.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Dont put your self down to quick. That not to shabby at all colin.