Nice birthday surprise.

J

John Rixon

View attachment 109649

My youngest daughter presented me with this on Saturday! Apparently she knew someone at work who advised her, and I must say, she chose well. Not a tank I knew much about, but, as a 2009 moulding, it's really crisp and also has moulded tracks as well as the rubber band ones. Can't wait to get stuck into this!

image.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It's a nice kit but watch out for the paint colours.

If you go for one of the Caunter camouflage the blue they advise is way to blue. Only tanks that had been baked in the sun for a long time showed as blue. The real colour is more grey. You can try Gooling Mike Starmer. He has all the info you could dream for regarding British army colours and camouflage.

Also many happy returns with your birthday.

J

John Rixon

\ said:
It's a nice kit but watch out for the paint colours.
If you go for one of the Caunter camouflage the blue they advise is way to blue. Only tanks that had been baked in the sun for a long time showed as blue. The real colour is more grey. You can try Gooling Mike Starmer. He has all the info you could dream for regarding British army colours and camouflage.

Also many happy returns with your birthday.
Thanks for that Ian, I feel the Caunter scheme is a no-brainier, but I will look into this! My M3 lee is nearly ready for rusting up, got some Rustall on order from John, hoping to make it worse than a 20 year old Marina!

J

John Rixon

Btw Ian, are you watching 1864? A Danish drama about a period of history I knew nothing about, and made in the true Scandinavian way, fabulous cinematography and a dark, forboding theme!

First Name
Robert
A happy 21st to you and a good thinking daughter who had done some research.

I have never built this kit but would like to one day so I'm in on this build

Happy building once you finish the champagne and cake!!

Regards

Robert

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Btw Ian, are you watching 1864? A Danish drama about a period of history I knew nothing about,
Im sorry to say it but I did not see it.... It would seem that is far more popular in the UK than it was in Denmark. A great many people over here have the opinion that the makers did not know to much about that period in history either !!! The bare bones are there but it has been over simplified and dramatised, at the cost of historical accuracy. It was extreamly well made though and cost a fortune. But what the hej its only our licence money they used to make it..... o.O

Ian M

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Happy Birthday John. That's a great present ............. My Daughter buys me Socks :rolleyes:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
happy Birthday John,and hat a nice pick by your daughter, ;)

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Im sorry to say it but I did not see it.... It would seem that is far more popular in the UK than it was in Denmark. A great many people over here have the opinion that the makers did not know to much about that period in history either !!! The bare bones are there but it has been over simplified and dramatised, at the cost of historical accuracy. It was extreamly well made though and cost a fortune. But what the hej its only our licence money they used to make it..... o_O
Ian M
Ah, interesting to hear opinions from the horses mouth, as it were! Shame about the historical accuracy - unforgivable in these days of information availability, but, as you say, extremely well made!

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Happy birthday mate. Although I don't build armour, I will be watching this one

John

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Many happy returns!!

NICE kit!! :smiling3: I'm jealous.......:oops: