Nissan 350Z

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
going to play about with this and see what comes out

Nissan 350Z in 1/25 scale by AMT

it's supposed to be from one of the Fast and Furious movies but after a bit of research the wheels are all wrong but I had no intention of trying to do it like the box any way

It's supposed to be a crappy kit and after spending half an hour tinkering I would agree. The nose and tail sections are attached to body and I can already see that's there's going to be lots of filler and sanding going on. Don't be surprised if this ends up in the bin.

no idea what colour I'm going to do, since it's a tuner I'm thinking of some lurid green or bright orange or candy red or something like that

no pics of the sprues cos I started before I remembered to reach for the camera

303dc3s.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Is there the option of just building it as a standard 350z Paul ? That might get round the fit issues with the added on nose etc ? a dark metallic orange sounds good to me cheers tony

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Is there the option of just building it as a standard 350z Paul ? That might get round the fit issues with the added on nose etc ? a dark metallic orange sounds good to me cheers tony

nope.....its a crappy AMT kit, you dont get 'options' :smiling5:

i was toying with orange too but for reasons that will become apparent i dont think it will work and im actually leaning towards a metallic grey with a matt black bonnet

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
this is far as i am..........this is a really low quality kit......the front and rear bumpers join the body a third of the way round the wheel arch!........its taken a lot of filler and sanding to get it to this point, in fact at one point filler wasnt up to the job and i needed something a bit harder so mixed some talc powder with CA

original plan was to do it some bright colour with a black hood.....but i think a light colour wont cover well enough, so im leaning towards some kind of metallic grey.....but ive had to forget about the idea of a black hood.....its such a bad fit i dont think i could attach it without making a mess of the paint on the body shell, might have a go at masking now its on, we shall see

1z6743p.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Paul

Sorry to hear about the issues on the kit. I am having the same problem with one of my builds. I seem to spend all my time replacing the kit parts as they are so badly designed and moulded. I hope things work out for you as it is such a great car

Steve

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
after having the paint stripped 5 times im calling quits on this one..........its been red twice, metallic steel grey twice and this is the second time its been black!...not the best finish but its this or in the bin! just want it finished lol

sqrzuw.jpg