No Control?

C

Carls925

Hi anybody

I have some very simple problems. need some help!

I am on my first Rc boat, Which Iam trying to convert to a bait boat for fishing ( I know sad ) But any way I bought a twin prop speed boat, 21 inch toy one. of ebay . I had half an idear what I was doing so I got A 6 channel Futaba fp-t6nfk challenger FM 35mhz . A 6 channel fm 35 mhz receiver servos a speed controler batterys. I made my tipper with the servo. I need both motors poss to run forward and reverse independantly(rudders could snag on weed ) I have got a 6v 4.5 lead battery. But when every thing is connected it just twitches ,the trasnmiter is reading 100 % output. I have found out that I will have to change the trans and recever as they are running on 35.040 which is a no no. ( 27 mhz )I thought that just changeing the crystals was all you had to do . I just need it to work before I blow more money on it .How do I test things? Sorry if that was lot a once needed to get it of my chest

Any info would be great .

B

Bluewavestudios

Carl,

Sorry it is not just a matter of changing the Crystals as both the Transmitter and the receiver will need to be tuned to the frequency you wish to use. so yes it will mean getting a new set.

You can use either 27Mhz or 40Mhz for boats....as you rightly said 35Mhz is a no-no for boats.

Regards......Mark.

A

adzam

ok carls, as bluewave has already stated you will need to ditch the 35 Mhz tranny and receiver, as for your independant control of both motors then you will need two speed controls, ( the same type).

your battery should be fine but depending on motors used it might not give too much runtime.

a 4 channel rc set (40 MHz) brand new can be picked up for between 80-100 pounds. bothe sticks pushed forward could control your motors, and left rigtht operations could control your hopper doors.

the glitching your experiencing could be many things, motors not suppressed ( with capacitors, if in doubt your local model shop should help there) . could also be with loose connections, a faulty transmitter or receiver, flat battery on boat etc etc etc

p.s teh signal meter oin your transmitter is showing battery power of the batteries in teh transmitter and not transmission power.

hope this is of some help.

any more questions please , just post them :clap2:

S

scottie2212

Hi anybodyI have some very simple problems. need some help!

Snip

But when every thing is connected it just twitches

Snip

Any info would be great .
If rudder and tipper servos are working but drive motors aren't doing anything it may mean you need to 'set-up' the speed controller. This is usually a simple task and instructions to do it should be with the controller.

Hope this is of some help,

Scottie

C

Carls925

Hi Thanks for reply

If the speed controler is powered up (conected to bat) when i turn the on switch on. I 'm guessing here but, There are two adjuster screws for amount of foward power and amount of reverse. And a red light which lights when you are neut , which would be in the middle of these points . yes?

At the moment when i switch on I get the motor gets a flick of power then It will just start flicking between forward and rev and i have no control or it.

it just stops and starts. I have put the transmiter battery on charge as it may not have had a full charge , but if the tran , and the recev are almost touching surely the signal would still be strong enough ?

C

Carls925

Carl,Sorry it is not just a matter of changing the Crystals as both the Transmitter and the receiver will need to be tuned to the frequency you wish to use. so yes it will mean getting a new set.

You can use either 27Mhz or 40Mhz for boats....as you rightly said 35Mhz is a no-no for boats.

Regards......Mark.
Hi Mark

Thanks for reply . Is there any difference in mhz you use as to the distance

that u can control at . As I am going to have to replace trans and recev.

I see you can get up in the 70s as well now, Is this a new one?

carl

C

Carls925

Cheers for input

I am checking battery power in tranny at presant might not have had enough charge. But I still think I am missing some thing easyer, or something is working .

speak to you all soon cheer Carl