No thanks.

First Name
Andy
A mate of mine asked me if I would like to build his 1.24 Airfix Typhoon kit for him. Now this kit has all the things I like, it has lots of parts and looks like a complex build however, my recent 5 minute flirtation with the little Brewster reminded me that after 20 odd years of building/flying model aircraft the reason I gave it up is because I was fed up with aircraft, so I turned down the offer and I will stick with wheels and tracks.

Andy.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Building for someone else is a double edged sword. You get the chance of building a model you may never be able to buy yourself. BUT
you involve yourself in deadlines, and stress about whether you will make a mess of it! You also have to shelve all your own projects and change priorities - I've only made one model for someone else - an 8 year old lad - I decided long ago that I didn't need the hassle!
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA Dave same here ive had people ask me to build them big warships like mine on a commission build but like you say you cant trust people an the hassle I said no way I said i'll help them for info if they start a build but as for me building no way
chris