No time to rest

J

John Huggins

Hi all welcome to my winter GB, my Dio will consist of a Soviet sniper team shooting from a bombed out building across a street & into a bombed factory where a group of german soldiers are trying to take a rest from the riggers of war.

View attachment 33523

All buildings ext will be scratch built.

I have some part built german soldiers from other kits with no heads or arms & legs some have primer but not painted would it be possable to use them it would save me ££, but i dont have the boxes they came in.

View attachment 33524View attachment 33525View attachment 33526

Some came with the Famo i am building.

John

View attachment 38200

View attachment 38201

View attachment 38202

View attachment 38203

P1020724.jpg

P1020725.jpg

P1020726.jpg

P1020727.jpg

P

Polux

Hi John!!

Sounds great!! I like your idea!! And scratch built...fantastic!!

You will use all 4 snipers in the dio?

Just one week and we can start it!!

Regards

Polux

G

Greg147

Sounds like it's going to be a big one, John. Have you decided what size base you're going to be using? If it's anything like what I'm picturing in my mind it's going to look quite impressive :smiling3:

J

John Huggins

\ said:
Hi John!!Sounds great!! I like your idea!! And scratch built...fantastic!!

You will use all 4 snipers in the dio?

Just one week and we can start it!!

Regards

Polux
Yes Polux i am going to try & use both sniper teams.

J

John Huggins

\ said:
Sounds like it's going to be a big one, John. Have you decided what size base you're going to be using? If it's anything like what I'm picturing in my mind it's going to look quite impressive :smiling3:
Hi Greg,

I think it will be about 23"x17", i think i'v got my work cut out on this one with all the scratch building i need to do, but im going to give it my best shot.

Building some of it at work while im on nightshift.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have no problem in those extra figures being used, they are after all non-built. I can see in the pictures that they are some of tamiya's one piece body/legs.

An interesting idea there John. Sounds like its going to be a big one as well!

Ian M

J

John Huggins

Thanks Ian,

Thanks for ur ruling on using some of my old figures, this will help me no end.

I think your right in it's going to be BIG, my head is buzzing with what to put in it.

Thanks again

John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
This sounds great john , and scratchbuilding the street! i take off my proverbial hat to you!! looking forward to seeing it progress , cheers tony

J

John Huggins

Thanks Tony,

Can't wait for the start date my fingers are itching to start.

John

R

rogue-one

hi john. tony's right! scratch build something that big, and all those figures?! thats some job. i'm gonna try one building and i'm scared enough, lol. looking forward to seeing all this come together. reckon its gonna be a cracker!!

J

John Huggins

Hi all just had some news from my Consultant that i am to go in for an operation in the next 2-3 weeks (AORTOBIFEMORAL BYPASS) this will mean 2 weeks in hospital & 8 weeks converlesing at home.

This may put my build a bit behind but i will try to do what i can when i can, i hope you will understand if im a little late.

Regards

John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
All the very best to you John. I am sure we will all be wishing you a speedy recovery.

However, by my reckoning you will still have a week or so at the beginning of October to make a start on this G.B., so no slacking!lol.......I thought I'd better add a 'lol' in case my post was misinterpreted!

Take care,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
J

John Huggins

Got a week or to at work will start it then then see how it gose.

Thanks for the best wishes.

John

P

Polux

Hi John!

I wish and I'm sure you will have a speedy recovery!!

Take care!

Regards

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry to hear that John I hope that all goes well and that you are up and about again.

Don't worry if you go a bit (or a lot) over the date. Its not hammered in stone and its all for fun. The most important is that you are well again.

Ian M

J

John Huggins

Thanks Ian,

Im going to ask for models insted of fruit lol,

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just make sure they understand just which kind of models you mean. It would be very unhealthy if the models of the female lightly clothed type turned up at the door.

Ian M