Non'Lego Lego stuff

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi folks.

Some of you may recall that I collect Lego sets. I buy them in job lots then use a variety of online sellers to buy any replacement parts I may need to complete them. This is really time-consuming but worthwhile as I estimate I'm making about 30% profit on my purchases - much better that the fraction of 1% I would make if I left my money in the bank.

Anyway, with most of the job lots I buy, there are Lego type pieces from other manufacturers included. While a lot of them are compatible and fit with Lego, I obviously can't use them in my sets as my sets are described as 100% Lego in order to keep their value. Having accumulated a boxful of parts, I thought it would be fun to see what I could create using them, plus some Lego parts and oddments from my spares box.

For what it's worth, this is what I ended up with:

Non Lego Bike 1.JPGNon Lego Bike 2.JPGNon Lego Bike 3.JPGNon Lego Gun 1.JPGNon Lego Gun 2.JPGNon Lego Gun 3.JPGNon Lego Hovercraft 1.JPGNon Lego Hovercraft 2.JPGNon Lego Hovercraft 3.JPG

I remember saying a few weeks ago that I had some Sci Fi builds in progress, but I can't remember who I told. Senility again I'm afraid!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Freakin awesome Dave, I really like these. My lad has those Megabloks Halo stuff tucked away under his bed, not the best fit-but I loved Lego as a kid.