Normandy in 1/16

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi everyone

After many, many aircraft builds I'm stepping back into my old stomping ground - WW2 armour. I've still 2 Spitfires to finish (they're almost there) and then I'm going to have a look at some large scale armour builds.

Here's the line up:-

1. Tamiya RC full option Panther (with loads of aftermarket)

2. The new Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H

3. The Tamiya 1/16 Kubelwagen (non RC)

4. Dozens of figures that will help in the sculpt of my own panzer crews and 12SS grenadiers.

There may even be a little bit of France for this lot to rumble through in the form of large diorama (although I doubt whether all this will fit in!)

I am looking forward to this but this will not be a quick build (probably several years) as I will be sculpting possibly 20 figures and building 3 super detailed kits in 1/16

So here's the opening pic to a massive project for me.

Cheers

P

View attachment 111408

Ps. If anyone remembers my 1/16 tank rider, well he will be popping up in this build!

1%2016th%20Normandy%20Build%20Kits.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dubster72

Looking like an amazing diorama in the making there Paul!

I'm interested in the Trumpy P4, that's one I'm thinking about getting soonish ;)

I remember your Bocage Tiger, so this one will be good.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice collection Paul, this should be something rather tasty!

Si:smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm interested in the Trumpy P4, that's one I'm thinking about getting soonish ;)
It's a nice kit with a full interior and, from first impressions, shouldn't need anything in the way of aftermarket. Mine's going to get some Zimm and I maybe some metal handles but that's about it. Even etch tool clamps are supplied!

Like I said though this is going to be quite a looooooooonnnnnngggggg build!

Cheers

P

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Nice collection Paul,this one will be some think to watch. ;)

P

Polux

That's sounds a really, really interesting...and, maybe, the most ambitious project on this forum!!!

Just hope you allow me to be there until the end ;)

My advice is search a good piece of wood, (you will need, but I'm not talking about a big one) I'm talking about something with nice molds or a different form. Most of the members doesn't give importance at the base...personally I think is a mistake!! If you take your time and work on the base at the same level than all those items, this diorama will be exposed on a museum sure ;)

Ps: you can do your on trees as well....

Oh my God! I have a problem now....I'm seeing me doing something similar as well :D :D

Good luck!!!

P

paul 1/16th freak

I've recently purchased the 1/16th panzer IV ausf h .a vvery challenging subject,2.300 parts approximately

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
OMG! 1/16! I could retire on that one! Very ambitious indeed, you will have to delve mentally into the scenario, know what every figure is thinking and doing, I suggest a ruined town scene with plenty of destruction and rubble about, you can even have sent a couple of your guys to meet their maker, after all war is hell! you shall leave your work station only for basic sustenance and the occasional bathe {optional} and we'll see you in about two years! :P :D Jim

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
My advice is search a good piece of wood, (you will need, but I'm not talking about a big one) I'm talking about something with nice molds or a different form. Most of the members doesn't give importance at the base...personally I think is a mistake!!
I'm in total agreement Polux. Personally, I believe that if your subject is to feature in an environment then it's important to give this environment just as much care and attention as you would your subject.

Pollux your always more than welcome to tag along. I know you like your large scale armour and your views and enthusiasms are always a pleasure.

Cheers

P

P

Polux

Thanks!!!

I was thinking about it....:oops:

What about to create a long road!?!

The typical forest/field road where the soldiers and their machines drive.

Why?

I think maybe will be more practice a diorama that can be build as a "pieces". Long! That will be impressive! (100 x 20 inch) But in pieces that will help you to do significative changes on every part, just depend of your intention on each vehicle!

Are all running? Quiet? Maybe the PIV is out of service near the road...

A rest of the crew, or just walking beside the tanks....

Sorry!!!!

I know! Many questions and suggestions!!! :oops: