North African Build

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
All ways admire you figure alterations Richard, and very helpful as well when trying .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The shorts look much better Richard!
The shorts do look better a bit longer.
Thanks Graeme and Jim, it was either that or a poofish orderly/waiter/batman.
Some excellent tweaking Richard.
Thanks Scottie, tweaking is much easier than scratching.
All ways admire you figure alterations Richard, and very helpful as well when trying .
Thank you John, I'd use a stock figure if the pose is right but chances of that happening is pure luck. Besides it won't be original if you see the same pose on some other dio.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi lost my mojo while waiting for election results but picked up the airbrush and did a zenithal coat on the figure and mule...better than calling it a donkey.
20221123_020101.jpg20221123_020311.jpg
Second picture shows the figure turned revealing his dagger and vest front. The lighting doesn't show the shadowing of the black well. Still haven't decided what colours to paint his garment. Not many references as most are modern day shots.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
OMG! Is this still going Richard LOL Look forward to seeing some colour soon
:tears-of-joy: Ha ha yes Steve. I totally forgot them and the dio is still on the top shelf. Mojo has been in and out lately or laziness has krept in preferring to watch the idiot box. :anguished:

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Mojo is back with the new Prime Minister sworn in...hope the new government doesn't get hijacked again then it'll be a great Christmas present. Now I can get on with my modelling one at a time....this 5 in a row build is not working for me, just don't know where to start. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Richard, a nice update about your North African diorama; hope to see further steps soon.:thumb2:
By the way, that's definitely a donkey but if that equine works only if pretending being a mule, no one can do anything about it...;)

Andrea

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Richard, a nice update about your North African diorama; hope to see further steps soon.:thumb2:
By the way, that's definitely a donkey but if that equine works only if pretending being a mule, no one can do anything about it...;)

Andrea
Richard can't help it if he has a "Vertically" challenged "Mule"! ;) :tears-of-joy:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I had forgotten about this one! Good to see you're back on this one Richard.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Itchy fingers...while puttying the figures on my Malayan Emergency dio and with left over putty I decided to add tassles and reposition the mules legs to give more resistance to being pulled.
20230320_175907.jpg
I hope there won't be any more interruptions like this as I only have two months left to finish.

Cheers,
Wabble

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well Richard I'm glad to see this back on the go. The figure alterations and the donkey were a master class in how to adapt what's commercially available.
So come on - no more stopping and starting. Just get on with it :smiling: