Not a GB Defiant - completed

• Thread starter It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong
  • Start date

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This has been one fascinating build. Starting with a whole wing missing and finishing up with this very nice model.

Andy, most people would have binned it at the onset, so full marks for some excellent scratch building.

Your perseverence alone deserves the Big 5. Well done.

Ron

B

Bunkerbarge

Very effective panel wash, restrained but noticeable underneath and great to see it over the transfers, making them look that bit more painted on. Great job on a tricky kit.

F

Fenlander

Top marks for dragging this kit to life. Not many would have continued with half a wing missing even though you bought it that way. Shows us what modelling is all about, not just sticking the latest perfectly molded kits together but actually getting your hands dirty and building it. Very well done Andy.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Andy , if i could give 6 out of 5 i would , for the sheer brilliance of the fabricated wing - you cant tell which one it is , its so good! Youll have to settle for 5 out of 5 , sorry !LOL!! cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Andy, you have really made a great job of that! I cant recall which wing it was that was missing and looking at the finished model, I would not like to guess! A great result!

And two PB's in such a short time. Your day fighter and A night fighter!!!

Maybe we should start lobbying to get a new kit made. Quite fancy one in 1/48 my self.

Five stars from me too!

Ian M

J

JFJ

Which wing was missing by the way. The left or right?

Cracking job. Brilliant

I

It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong

Thank you everybody for kind words and support on this build (and the 5*s - much appreciated). This was certainly a learning experience, and has got me thinking that I might try scratch-building something simple, perhaps adapting from a paper-craft kit.

Adrian - it was the port wing upper half - if you look closely you can see a dent where the supports don't quite fit.

Cheers once again

Andy