Not so finished David and Goliath

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Steve, keeping my words short and sweet.

Getting close to where I left off and start of the resuscitation.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Scottie, I was running out of ideas for the fittings and I ought to be painting them by now.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi,
I mentioned earlier about a different frontage for this section of the building especially the doorway.
I made a slight indent towards the door and added steps to the front with side walls from balsa.

190.jpg

These side walls, honestly I don't know what they're called will be coated with diluted plaster for the stone effect.

191.jpg

A little extension to the other building side was made with the similar material as the previous wall to the small park.

192.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Great work Richard -especially like the upgrade to the house on the right. Have you thought about telephone wires etc?

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
I'm really curios to see how you will do with the buildings and how you will remove all the extra polyester.. ;)

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see you still adding all the extras Richard. Permission to carry on LOL

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Jim, Peter, Greg and Steve and thank you all.
As explained on the Kure Harbour post, I am pre-occupied with TV so I will carry on soon with the tidiness, take on the advice of telephone poles, seal the windows and continue with adding all the extras.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi, I had just recently taken some pictures of the buildings in my cupboard and realised I'm missing a part of the build where I made louvres for the shutters. I don't know if it's common to have two layers of window in Europe as here we only have one which is a glass plane. I noticed the colonial buildings have these two layers...the glass window and the wooden shutters.

193.jpg194.jpg

I'll have to dig out the remnants of this procedure and take more pictures. From this point on the WIP will be in real time.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Really interesting to see this progress. I suppose you could go on adding bits and pieces for ever. It is all looking superb.
Jim

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Richard

This is great architectural modelling. Very realistic looking houses. Just one thing with your shutters, they would open outwards so they would need to be outside the window inset. As you have them now they would only open to 90 degrees to the building facade. If you moved them out of the inset and hinged them to the outside wall they would open flat to the building front which is more like they do in reality.

watching with much interest.

John

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Guys,

Jim, I'm going to try some restraints if I want to get this finished. :smiling6:
John, you are right. At the mo its just place inside so they don't fall off. I have yet to slice them in 2.

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Notice the latches to hold them close to the wall in the left pic. PaulE