not stew again.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Its gonna be another Scottie masterpiece. Terrific idea with the farmhouse. Will you be doing figures as well??

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Top detail work as ever Paul, love the ring on the wheels more real than plastic and nice start on the farmhouse. :thumb2:

Looking forward to the in-scale goulash:hungry:.
Fernando, Thanks fella I think the rims do look better, well they couldn't be worse there were none :tongue-out3:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Wow Scottie, it's been brilliant watching how you continually improve the work you do. The detail on the kitchen part looks so good it could have been machine made. Just gets better and better.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have remade the building as I wasn't happy with it. I had purchased a self adhesive stone wall effect that said it was embossed and looked fairly good on the web. When it turned up it was very well printed but tended to repeat the pattern to often and wasn't embossed just smooth. I applied the print to the building but when I tried to press the detail in the effect was not what I was looking for, especially at the corners of the building. So this time I made the building out of my old favourite the blue foam. It was made to the same dimensions as before. This time using the print as a guide I have patterned the foam my self using a pencil. This has now received a coat of watered down PVA to seal the surface. Its a bit rough looking but hopefully when it is painted up and the details added it will pass muster.

comments as always welcomed.
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Building MK2 looks great. Love that blue foam stuff. Look forward to the figures. Added details on the kitchen worth the effort.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Building MK2 looks great. Love that blue foam stuff. Look forward to the figures. Added details on the kitchen worth the effort.
Jim
Jim,
Thanks mate appreciate the kind feedback.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
the building looks super realistic.. keep on doing what you are doing looks AWESOME.. ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Superb Paul. Absolutely nothing amiss there .

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Wish I had a pinch of your ability and enthusiasm, the building looks awesome already and it’s not even painted!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Scottie, the building looks good...better than the stone detail I did on mine with the same technique...the scored foam is so much easier than puttying or plastering.

387482.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
the building looks super realistic.. keep on doing what you are doing looks AWESOME.. ;)
If it turns out half as good as your last scene I will be happy mate.

It don't look rough to me. Great work Scottie.
Thanks Peter not to bad if you follow the 2foot rule.
Superb Paul. Absolutely nothing amiss there .
Thanks John, you have set a high bar with your buildings.
Looks great - should paint up nicely
Thanks Simon hopefully it will be ok.
The building looks great Paul :smiling3:.
Ralph thanks mate.
Wish I had a pinch of your ability and enthusiasm, the building looks awesome already and it’s not even painted!
Si, your to kind mate I have no more ability than anyone else on here but do enjoy what I do.
Hi Scottie, the building looks good...better than the stone detail I did on mine with the same technique...the scored foam is so much easier than puttying or plastering.

View attachment 349365

Cheers,
Richard
Richard, Your ruined building looked great mate but as you say the foam is easy to use and gives fairly good results.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You need to come down to Devonshire and repair some of our granite walls on the moor LOL. A fine piece of block work. Very impressed with the pointing. Good luck painting that LOL

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That building certainly doesn't look home made Scottie, very nice detail.

Reactions: JR