Lee
Paul
Your build is coming along nice sorry for the absence been busy

Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Scottie nice roof...did the same but not painted yet a while back, just couldn't help thinking it looking like something out of Hentsel and Gretel. :smiling2: Always preferred the straight edged tiles but I guess with plenty of weathering it will be perfect.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Great work on the roof Scottie. I forgot to pick up some coffee-stirers while in town recently, but this has reminded me. Very useful things.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul
Your build is coming along nice sorry for the absence been busy
No worries mate glad you made it.
Scottie nice roof...did the same but not painted yet a while back, just couldn't help thinking it looking like something out of Hentsel and Gretel. :smiling2: Always preferred the straight edged tiles but I guess with plenty of weathering it will be perfect.

Cheers,
Richard
Your right it does have that look to it, luckily the brick work is made out of cakes lol so should be ok. I have gone for a straight edge to the tiles.
Great work on the roof Scottie. I forgot to pick up some coffee-stirers while in town recently, but this has reminded me. Very useful things.
Thanks Peter, I have to get some more as well.

D

Deleted member 7181

They look great in the various colours and tones. Once aged and weathered to match the rest of the building it'll be stunning.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice Paul.
Looking fwd to the windows and doors .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
They look great in the various colours and tones. Once aged and weathered to match the rest of the building it'll be stunning.
Andy, Thanks mate I have dusted them down a bit now.
Nice Paul.
Looking fwd to the windows and doors .
Hi John just for you I have been working on them.
Will you look at that?!!! Just amazing Scottie and very inspiring.
Peter very kind mate.
That is looking superb Scottie:thumb2:
Si Thanks a lot mate.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just for Mr Race I have been working on the doors. I wanted them to look as if they had been neglected for a few years but not sure if I have overdone it. I would be interested in you opinion. The little mesh door in the corner will be for the chicken coup.
The next bit will be to put the roof on then add the guttering etc.

I have tried to represent a stable type door. It is made from plastic sheet with plastic hinges, pewter rivets for the hinge bolts and a lever latch made from copper wire and pewter sheet.

The other doors were all made in the same way.

The next pictures show them fitted

thanks for looking
Scottie

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Too many bolts in those hinges Scottie! , Looking good so far keep up the gd work

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Paul,

This is too much buddy!!! The doors look too realistic and the rust just makes them even more believable. You have definitely reached a new level my friend. Where did you get the horse shoe? Inquiring minds want to know please!!! Awesome work!!!

Prost auf Dich Kumpel!!!
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Too many bolts in those hinges Scottie! , Looking good so far keep up the gd work
Hi Mate you can never have to many bolts lol. Glad your liking it so far. And good to see you on here again.
Paul,

This is too much buddy!!! The doors look too realistic and the rust just makes them even more believable. You have definitely reached a new level my friend. Where did you get the horse shoe? Inquiring minds want to know please!!! Awesome work!!!

Prost auf Dich Kumpel!!!
Allen
Veilen danke mein freund,
Really glad you like it. The horse shoe came in an old etch set I knew I would find a use for it one day. Good to know your keeping an eye on me.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Paul,

I wouldn't miss one second of your fine work. It is always a pleasure to see what you create next and I love every minute of it. Do you happen to remember which etch set??? Sorry to be a pain Bro!!!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Allen, You could never be a pain mate:smiling3:
The ones I had came on a small set included in a tank kit, which one I cannot remember but you can get these Link. Hope this helps

D

Deleted member 6559

The doors are totally convincing Scottie. Those acute powers of observation have come to the fore again. You need to write a book and share your skills with the rest of the world.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
WOW fantastic the paintjob is fantastic and the wood doors are wonderful the pint coming off is SOOOOO real... well done... keep doing what you do... ;).. THE HORSE SHOE.... OMG the detail and the rust....