Number of Kits

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The stash on Ikea £7 racks in the attic before I packed it all up to move all 565 boxes

Packed ready to move at some point in the future

Regards

Steve H
This, for example.

Police say the haul had a street value of £900,000. A man has been arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.

Jakko

[ˈjɑ.ko]
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If models were drugs, you lot are Scarface, Escobar and Cheech and Chong rolled into one.
I can’t speak for others, but in my case it’s mostly a matter of having ideas for models faster than I actually build them. For example, yesterday I spent a good deal of time searching for a Dragon M48A5 kit (which seems to be unobtainable even though it’s only a few years old) because I had the idea to use it with the turret from the Academy M247 Sgt. York DIVADS kit (which I’ve had in my stash for over a decade), to bring the model into the 21st century.

Of course, before I can get to that I really want to finish my Weasel and Type 3 Chi-Nu, and then start on the Sd.Kfz. 7 and/or M4A3 (76) VVSS that I’ve been wanting to build for a while — and that’s just what I’m doing now.

hirschberg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stuart
Bobby conkers wrote
If models were drugs, you lot are Scarface, Escobar and Cheech and Chong rolled into one.

Cheech & Chong Ha Ha, brings back memmories of a missspent youth, or prehaps not so
misspent, still there in old age!
Roll another one.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Compared to some of the posts in this thread I have quite a modest stash around 50 - 60 or so.
Never had a stash first time around, but on my return I discovered the limited run on newer kits. So quickly learnt to get it while you can. Still a few I'm waiting to come round again!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Been following this thread with interest. Wil have to have a count. My case is complicated by the fact that the quick build kits Junior and I do have more than one per box, so I'll have to remember to count the kits and not the boxes!

Jakko

[ˈjɑ.ko]
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
My case is complicated by the fact that the quick build kits Junior and I do have more than one per box
IMHO a kit is what you get in the box, a model is each individual major thing you build from it. So in a typical S-Model kit you get two models.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
IMHO a kit is what you get in the box, a model is each individual major thing you build from it. So in a typical S-Model kit you get two models.
It was more the maths I was thinking of.....especially as in some cases, some kits from a box are made/in progress and others aren't, so I'll have to open few top double check.....plus I've condensed a few too, to reduce the number of boxes.....and then of course where you have a gun and tow e.g. PSC six pdrs or 25 pdrs....! ;) I'll work it out....