O scale Barrel and Prop.Circus Wagon

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Keep on like this Lee and you'll have the whole circus coming to town at a vacant lot near by. I figure these are horse drawn wagons, are there any critters and a live stock wagon in the future?:cool:
Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Thanks for the complement and yes I have a few Animal Wagons I will do. I’ve been waiting the get on this project for many years hope you follow along. The Circus Peanuts are up front have a few before Mr. Race shows up and starts throwing them at people

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Steve Thank hope to have some updates soon what better way to brighten up trying times with this Circus Stuff. I have a few small details on the other two and they will be done. Have some Circus peanuts be John gets here

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That looks like it will build up into a nice model Lee, are you anticipating doing a Circus train? :thumb2:
Thanks Rick. Some day I might I have one already started in HO scale I might share it here soon I have several wagons built in that scale. I’ll probably Custom make the cars in O Scale for these.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
There's a member on the French 1-87 scale forum I visit that has an entire Circus.....Tents, animals, performers, trucks, wagons.......the whole "Shebang"!! Quite impressive and extremely detailed. It's one of those projects that is never done...always something to add. :thumb2:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
There's a member on the French 1-87 scale forum I visit that has an entire Circus.....Tents, animals, performers, trucks, wagons.......the whole "Shebang"!! Quite impressive and extremely detailed. It's one of those projects that is never done...always something to add. :thumb2:
Yes I can imagine Rick. There’s a Big O scale one the same way in Branson Mo at the School of the Ozarks I can spend hours looking at it. Between that display and Don Mills talking to me about the circus made me go into O Scale.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's funny about Don Mils....usually folks go into O scale coz HO scale makes their eyes hurt! :tongue-out2: :tears-of-joy: :thumb2:;)

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That's funny about Don Mils....usually folks go into O scale coz HO scale makes their eyes hurt! :tongue-out2: :tears-of-joy: :thumb2:;)
Well I meant the circus part of O scale. I did chose to go to O Scale because of my eyes and arthritis in my hands. I still like building the Circus wagons in HO maybe I’ll post some. Don Mills and I would talk for hours about the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey circus he is a head full of knowledge on them. I just talked to him today and made a order for more Circus parts and made sure he’s ok.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good deal Lee....glad he's doing well. When I was a youngster, my favorite Circus was the one put on by the Shriners. They had the best Clowns I ever saw in my life! Hope you end up doing some Circus stuff. I have two packs of ROCO rail cars with Circus Krone wagons on board plus a few more boxes of Preiser Circus wagons as well. Quite a few of this type of wagon found its way into the Wehrmacht during the war and were put to use as Medical, Maintenance and Chow wagons.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Wehrmacht during the war and were put to use as Medical, Maintenance and Chow wagons.
Have you made one yet? If not maybe it’s time too but seems I remember you doing a chow wagon. I have so much HO circus stuff to build all the ideas Don Mills helped me to create I’m overwhelmed. Glad I put them in boxes so in know what they are. Maybe after this I’ll attempt a HO Circus Craftsman kit. I’ll try to post pics of what I have done far in HO Circus equipment soon.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Have you made one yet? If not maybe it’s time too but seems I remember you doing a chow wagon. I have so much HO circus stuff to build all the ideas Don Mills helped me to create I’m overwhelmed. Glad I put them in boxes so in know what they are. Maybe after this I’ll attempt a HO Circus Craftsman kit. I’ll try to post pics of what I have done far in HO Circus equipment soon.
Lee, the Chow trailer was based on a construction "worksite" trailer I picked up some time ago. The circus wagons are similar but equipped with different wheels etc. Might have to consider a project involving these wagons down the road.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Here’s more updates. I added the stake’s with the chain rings and added the hip rings as well as the Whiffle rings and it’s now ready for paint. I can’t believe it’s been 2 years today since I started this thread I’m going to push to get this one done 84024AF6-D497-499C-AF8A-9EB7BB0276BE.jpeg2F8D6AF4-7E1C-4E49-A231-C3B84EADA345.jpeg2F575DA2-9CE4-4476-B261-64CC3C1B1D29.jpeg20F9AE56-007D-4F29-8AEC-4A196DFCF850.jpegEA583079-7A81-4BE1-8F85-6C5F0F09C806.jpegC4BA05CB-7474-4922-A7BE-2642948D6922.jpeg8644AEA3-FA2F-46DA-90A8-A83D990483C0.jpeg7BA1BBE6-8B47-42A2-89A3-04E70AED7486.jpeg45D23899-5548-4910-A707-5B97576A0C63.jpeg