Officer of the 95th - a 75mm sculpt by Moz Corry

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
This is my next project - an officer of the 95th in the Peninsular - a 75mm sculpt by Moz Corry. There was a bit of cleaning up to do, mostly mould seams and there were a couple of air bubbles needed filling. Oh and the sword and scabbard were somewhat warped. I was going to make a start sticking him together this evening but my super glue has gone hard! It'll have to wait until Wednesday.

P5140075 - Edited.jpg

Parts laid out. Quite a few of them and God knows how I'll get that plume to hold!

_20190915_225955.JPG

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks interesting.....plume will need drilling and pinning I think....it will be far too fragile otherwise....

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Looks interesting.....plume will need drilling and pinning I think....it will be far too fragile otherwise....

Cheers Tim. That's what I was thinking. I'll need to find a really small drill bit!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I shall enjoy the painting of the tunic Alex.

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
I'm glad someone will John. That's an awful lot of lace! :smiling5:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Have pulled up a seat next to the dynamic duo of JR and PDiddy. Looking forward to seeing your art work. Good luck

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Evening all, bit of progress. He's no longer in pieces, unlike me. We had a mid-week leaving do last night and I'm feeling decidedly shabby. I just need to attach the scabbard and slings and he's ready for undercoat, however I'm ready for bed. More progress tomorrow.

_20190918_222317.JPG

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Nice looking figure

Was the change in head position intentional?

The kit illustration has him looking back as if shouting to his men to follow him

You have him facing forward which changes the whole look - he now looks to be screaming a challenge to a particular person or persons

Both work so it doesn't really matter, just wondered

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Thanks Simon. I just fixed the head at the angle that it best fitted to the torso. He's looking pretty much along the length of his left arm.

If I get a wiggle on I'll undercoat him before I leave for work then make a start on painting this evening.

D

Deleted member 6559

That is one lovely looking figure Alex. Not quite as long and lean as Moz's 120mm offerings. Hope the effects of the over indulgence have receded.

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Thanks Peter, I'm feeling a lot healthier today! I've just noticed some more mould lines in the last picture. Little bit more filling and filing before I pick up the paintbrushes!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good Alex.

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Hi all. Made a start last night then had a half day today so cracked on. Base colours are done and started shading and highlighting the jacket and pelisse. I'm still in two minds about painting the overalls green though, I might yet change them to grey. And the leather reinforcement will be toned down considerably when done!

_20190920_165935.JPG

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Thanks Peter. Long way to go yet. I'm plucking up the courage to make a start on the face, it's the bit I always dread!