Oh No! Here's Jonah!

W

Wowbagger

Having a good session in the sun on my own the other day, 3D heaven (well, trying anyway!), I'm in the middle of a flight when I notice a "certain" members car at the field gate. Uh, uh thinks I and in the same moment my engine goes really stinko rich so I land and lean it out some, must have been some crud in it. Meanwhile Jonah is getting out of his car and unloading his model, he looks over at me, I take off leaving a wheel spat bouncing along the strip! Sheez, what next?! Meanwhile Jonah is approaching the flight line... I decide to land after a few impressive aero's (well, I thought so anyway!) and as I touch down I hear a loud click. "Stap me, what now!" thinks me. Tail wheel wire busted off flush with the rudder, which will mean cutting the hinges to get the rudder off to make and fit a new one. Great. I decide to take my leave before worse things happen...

Now that was just too much in one flight for it to have been all chance, wouldn't you say? This wasn't the first time things have gone really wrong when this guy has happened along, either.

Any of you guys got one of these in your club?

D

duncan

" I wouldnt want to join a club that would have me as a member " Groucho Marx.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
" I wouldnt want to join a club that would have me as a member " Groucho Marx.
*** Did you know that like a lot of other things,Clubs were started by the Victorians ? this very British thing has spread worlwide,its all about a sense of belonging according to the people that look at the way we work and play,it was noted by the military, that place a bunch of different walks of life into a nissan hut and within hours they had formed themselves into groups ! its a fact that the main elements are musicians & artists,brawn,dreamers,inventive types,thugs and technicians !! a pretty bizarre collection dont you think ? in many cases today we are forced to belong to a club because without strength in numbers we would get nowhere,model flying is a very good example,whilst there are still loners most modellers belong to clubs in some shape or form.And then from the clubs evolved the 'Governing body' like the BMFA,CAA,PFA,LMA etc etc,after all somebody must be in control.

The problem starts when the respective bodies and organisations start overtaking the memberships for their own benefits,this has happened this week whereby the CAA have decided to dramatically increase the prices for organising airshows,the idea is to cut down on the number of shows by making it financially un-viable,which it will do ! this has a knock on effect as the insurance costs have also been increased,everything is paperwork overload related,so we have to question whether these people are working for or against their members and their respective communities ? after all they would not exist without them.