Oh no! Not another VW buss...

First Name
Charles
...but I promise this is the last one(fingers crossed). When I bought a second one I had something totally different in mind but decided bot to do it. So I just went ahead and built it as is. Nothing fancy but the usual theme but more mobile than the last one. The downside with these hasegawa models is that there interior detail is poor. So most of the parts, like pedals, knobs and brake handles had to be scratch built.

The seats are not perfect but will have to do. The hand brakes is not typical for this model but I decided it would have been changed to make shift part, due to lack of spare parts. Anyways, the entire hand brake frame is not seen when the chassi is put into the body frame. The crackle paint effect was an idea I got from someone doing an unprofessional paint job. Somewhere in this mix is suppose to be a dog, which I neglect to include but will afterwards.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
What a great VW Charles, and the dio sets it off really well, well built and the paint is first rate.

If your figure is trying to clean it up a bit I think he's too late LOL.

5 Stars mate.

Tony.

First Name
Charles
Thanks. I am horrible at figure painting. Actually the figure is a pre- painted model I bought a long time ago. Could not find any that fit the bill i 1/24. I will try and weather it up a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Chris
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT APOLOGISE! Post as many of these outstanding builds as you like. Your weathering and detailing is truly first class. I could look at these all day.

All the best

Chris

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Another absolute beauty. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Steve

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
The figure is quality but the van oh the van is amazing the jagged rust on the door is top notch all of the dio is superb

Geegad

P

Polux

That's great and beauty!! The painting work on the VW is fantastic, like the rust too!!!

I will be waiting, if sometime, you have done another Land Rover!!!

Best regards

Polux

First Name
Charles
Thank you everyone. Glad you liked this one too. I think I will refrain from doing another VW van ;) , at least, for a while. Working on another truck. OK, I am already done with my latest project. A volvo F16 tractor. Thinking of adding flatbed trailer to it. We'll see.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wonderful diorama Charles, I think the figure is okay. I bet the 'dude' is wishing he'd done some preventative maintenance now!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Awesome as always Charles. *****

Gern

K

Keith9657

Very realistic weathering, Charles. It reminds me of some of the things I used to drive.

Keith

P

pistonhead

amazing attention to detail, looks fantastic!

May I ask, what are you using for foliage etc? looks great!

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Very realistic weathering, Charles. It reminds me of some of the things I used to drive.Keith
Hihi...memory flashback.

T

treyzx10r

Charles never tire of seeing VW buses and this one is great! Weathering looks authentic,could pass as a real deal in a photo!

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Charles never tire of seeing VW buses and this one is great! Weathering looks authentic,could pass as a real deal in a photo!
Haha.. thanks for that.