Old Airfix - Old Lincoln! 1/25

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Following the Beetle build which is now with my old Mum !
When visiting my father in law and looking through boxes of old photos, he produces this battered old box from 1974 , a year after I met his daughter, who is still my long suffering wife!
I sneaked it away when all the boxes were put back and intend to build it as best I can and send it back to him in Northumberland, as a surprise, wish me luck it's not exactly Tamiya quality :tears-of-joy: FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender-2.jpg

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Steve,
I'm envious! Those kits of 30's American Limos are as rare as hen's teeth - this is the 1975 boxing by Airfix of the 1965 MPC original. The parts look very nice. I'll follow with interest!!!
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job so far steve , the gloss black looks superb . Are you going for the box top blue/ black scheme ?

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Beautiful job so far steve , the gloss black looks superb . Are you going for the box top blue/ black scheme ?

Thank you - quite pleased with the black so far - just brushed ....
Yes to the colour scheme , not looking forward to the 'chrome' as it is poor quality and the windscreen surround was found to be broken in the box. I have considered stripping it, but will soldier on as it is.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chalk it up to sloppy US coachwork:smiling:.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow that's brilliant, love the gloss and it's brush painted !

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's it done as best I can, the 'chrome' was awful really, but for a 45 year old kit what can you expect I suppose? There is a folded down hood as an option, but decided to glue the roof to the screen to keep it more secure.
IMG_6774.JPGIMG_6775.JPGIMG_6769.JPGIMG_6773.JPGIMG_6771.JPGIMG_6772.JPGDSC09490.jpgDSC09491.jpg
I'll pack it up and give it back to my father-in-law to sit on a shelf and gather dust :tears-of-joy:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
That looks superb steve , a quality build of a less than perfect kit . The white roof looks brilliant with the blue and black and loving the open dickey seat . Father in law is going to be surprised and delighted , cheers tony