old guy goes mad

B

baz

hi everyone,
YES I have lost it,this is what you get when you have an old model maker a load of old bits and he has a bad day at the office,
over the years I have amassed a great many bits and pieces so I thought it wa about time I use some of them. out cam the model knife glue and hey presto a model was born, it has parts from many things but I always loved the refinery in alien the star wars medical frigate and star trek ships so this just has a mixture of all these. the tanks of the refinery are old hermasetas containers there are olf tank aircraft and other model bits thrown in. let me know what you think of an old guys cry for help....

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• DSCF9339.jpg
    DSCF9339.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF9342.jpg
    DSCF9342.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF9351.jpg
    DSCF9351.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF9376.jpg
    DSCF9376.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF9369.jpg
    DSCF9369.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCF9378.jpg
    DSCF9378.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF9389.jpg
    DSCF9389.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF9413.jpg
    DSCF9413.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF9423.jpg
    DSCF9423.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF9425.jpg
    DSCF9425.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF9415.jpg
    DSCF9415.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 48

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I think it looks pretty effective Barrie

Some detail painting and weathering to give colour variations and I reckon it will look spot on

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Very whacky and believable, reminds me of stuff from Red Dwarf

morph

SMF Supporter
First Name
warren
Put a patent on the design before Ridley Scott pinches it.:smiling:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
looks a good use of all those spare parts. We could have a thread for things like this.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi everyone,
YES I have lost it,this is what you get when you have an old model maker a load of old bits and he has a bad day at the office,
over the years I have amassed a great many bits and pieces so I thought it wa about time I use some of them. out cam the model knife glue and hey presto a model was born, it has parts from many things but I always loved the refinery in alien the star wars medical frigate and star trek ships so this just has a mixture of all these. the tanks of the refinery are old hermasetas containers there are olf tank aircraft and other model bits thrown in. let me know what you think of an old guys cry for help....

Amazing barrie it looks fantastic in the red paint , would be at home on any sci fi show, cheers tony

B

baz

Thanks every one for your kind comments, I did offer the design to mr Scott but he said he was not keen on the colour he likes grey and a lot of darkness. What I do need is some one to finish the paint job I am useless at that side of our brilliant hobby, I can build all day long and never stop but as for painting ( not my thing) any volenteers ?.

as they said in the first Star Wars film ( there is another )

D

Deleted member 7181

That looks great Barrie.

As already said, that wouldn't look out of place in a Sci-fi film!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Barrie,
That is superb what an imagination not to mention skills you have.

B

baz

Thanks Andy and Paul for the good comments, there is not a lot of skill I have just been doing model making for a long long long long time,
thats why I am the old guy. I wish I could have gotten one of my models into a film but it was not meant to be just a normal life for me.

regards, Barrie ( the old guy ) keep watching this space as I have some more models to add to the forum page soon.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Was a bit skeptical until I saw primer versions, looks great!
I would hate to puncture the sci fi bubbles out there but I could never figure out how they managed to tackle the zero gravity problem
Alien, et al, they all seem to walk about in their ships as if on Earth......what am I missing?

Jim

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I would hate to puncture the sci fi bubbles out there but I could never figure out how they managed to tackle the zero gravity problem
Alien, et al, they all seem to walk about in their ships as if on Earth......what am I missing?

Jim

'cos the film makers don't have the budget to create weghtless conditions! Same reason that 99% of aliens are about 6ft tall with two arms, two legs and a head!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s easy Jim.....once somebody really clever solves the graviton conundrum all they have to do is invent a graviton generator.....and then the jobs a good ‘un.......artificial gravity on tap....
Great model by the way......excellent amalgam of vision and spare parts...

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
'cos the film makers don't have the budget to create weghtless conditions! Same reason that 99% of aliens are about 6ft tall with two arms, two legs and a head!
I agree totally Dave, but it still bothers me a bit, with cgi aliens can take on almost any shape anymore, but the zero gravity thing is still not addressed properly.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That’s easy Jim.....once somebody really clever solves the graviton conundrum all they have to do is invent a graviton generator.....and then the jobs a good ‘un.......artificial gravity on tap....
Great model by the way......excellent amalgam of vision and spare parts...
Now why didn't I think of that! I'm gonna get right on it, but first a jigger or two to grease the skids.
bvzlNNReX5Mszsh_jSXAHaFC&w=295&h=200&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

B

baz

What have I done, the model has generated a great debate about space gravity and astrophiics well you guys know what I mean, as for the gravity thing I would think if they have mastered how to travel faster than light, beam across vast distances in transporters. Then the gravity thing would have been an easy fix for all the space guys, have you ever noticed they never seem to go to the bathroom for a comfort break in space maybe they have invented something for that to. As for me thanks for the great comments I just love to build and let my old brain go mad.

regards Barrie (the old guy ) by the Jim what is that strange stuff your drinking ?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

Jim
JIM they say you can make your own gravity by spinning the spacecraft to create centifugall force I think im goin mad as well :nerd::smiling:
chris

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
have you ever noticed they never seem to go to the bathroom for a comfort break

Nothin' new there baz! They never go to the loo in any old films, and if they do in a new film it's only 'cos they want to show our hero smashing a sink with the villains head!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
JIM they say you can make your own gravity by spinning the spacecraft to create centifugall force I think im goin mad as well :nerd::smiling:
chris

Yes you can. Centrifugal/centripetal - take your pick which word you choose to use, I ain't goin' to start that argufyment here! _ force is equivalent to a gravity field. Some space ships are shown nowadays with spinning bits.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Yes you can. Centrifugal/centripetal - take your pick which word you choose to use, I ain't goin' to start that argufyment here! _ force is equivalent to a gravity field. Some space ships are shown nowadays with spinning bits.
Hmmmm... maybe some sort of centrifugal force hi speed chamber centrally located so as to give a pseudo magnetic force combined with specially
constructed suits with micro metallic fibers to react to artificial gravitational force.
UH OH!!...wait a sec......no.... that only left one with his spleen now an integral part of his face :surprised:
Oh well...back to the drawing board :rolling:
WF4R4vEYGvKdpLhZdQdQHaEv&w=255&h=163&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg.......TA!!!