to my stupid self,i seen some pics of the intakes and noticed it was sloped into the fans heres what i did View attachment 60836View attachment 60837 now here is the problem,the white putty is causing the plastic to melt,(arrrgghh),i drilled holes into the affected area to let the air in,but the damage is done,any advice?or shall i give it flack damage?
I would guess that the plastic has melted because you have put the filler on really thick to get the shape you wanted.I think Squadron fillers still contain Toluene.This is a nasty solvent and is probably what's done the damage,with so much of it being used at once.Best leave it a few days to go off completely.Then repair the damage with more filler(!).
me thinks you are right lol,seems the putty lied to me i put it on in layers,so when i thought it was dry,must have been a crust only lol,i`m not used to putty at all.will leave it and do some of the other bits
John Sells it. Its very useful. From large thick thins, like you have done here, to ultra thin like tarps and bedrolls.
Its very easy to form, dries rock hard and does not shrink. Once shaped it can be smoothed with water. In fact, you can thin it out with water and paint it into cracks, or roll thin strips, push them into the gap and smooth it over with a wet finger.
As long as its wet, it can be washed off with water. Once its dry you'll need a hammer and chisel. LOL
A very good thing to have in the tool box.
I like the idea and I hope that you get it sorted.
View attachment 60838Hi Ole don't know if this will help, I have used it on parts of my phantom, (and other models in the past). With no adverse effects (so far) you can pick it up in Halfords for about £3 it drys quickly and sands well.
p.s. I pinched your idea for the fans, and I like what you are up too with the cowling.:thumbsup:
Ole I like the fan blades,gonna add that to my C that I picked up this weekend if you do'nt mind? Hope you get that putty issue resolved,I still use squadron and it does okay in small seams but will skin over and still not be fully cured. Then when you add more thinking its done its thing the added layer hots the hole batch up again creating the issue you 've got. I'm sure you'll get it sorted! What scheme are you going with?
just going with the three colour camo as it looks really good,i have drilled loads of pin holes in the area and it seems to be working although it might just be a coincidence lol,and the use of the blade idea is out there for everyone to utilise
have been filling and sanding and filling and sanding,god glad its only a 1/48,stole another figure from my tomcat,he fits,so have too pilots now lol,that machine gun thingy that sits underneath,decided to paint a face on it like they in the Nam lol,found out by accident that the black poles you get for halloween with trident tops,well they glue very nicely with the normal plastic contacta glue,so now they are used as inserts in the tail pipes,to me they look okay lol,pics too follow