One more for Bob

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NO eletric starter or did she mention one as i was lookin at the subs lol oh we are spoiled with our key starts lol this is right up your street Bob
chris

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
No, she says it has one, in the second part of the video where the engine drawings get shown. Then she goes on to explain how to start one without the electric starter, by cranking the flywheel to get it to move and then coupling it to the engine. Which is apparently trickier than it sounds like.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
No, she says it has one, in the second part of the video where the engine drawings get shown. Then she goes on to explain how to start one without the electric starter, by cranking the flywheel to get it to move and then coupling it to the engine. Which is apparently trickier than it sounds like.
HI Jakko thanks for that as i cant hear what she sayin so i put on the subs an is this the girl called abbey who stared in the tv series primevil ? as it looks like her
chris

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
If you think that was strange then watch some videos of the starting procedure for the Lanz Bulldog tractor.

Andy.

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
On combat dealers they show starting a King Tiger, keep you warm on a winters day!!

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hell of a gear reduction. Have seen some of her stuff before. She's pretty game.;)PaulE

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
is this the girl called abbey who stared in the tv series primevil ? as it looks like her
She’s a computer gamer who got interested in AFVs by playing World of Tanks, to the best of my (scarce) knowledge.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
......by cranking the flywheel to get it to move and then coupling it to the engine. Which is apparently trickier than it sounds like.

We used to do this same procedure when starting big cement mixtures on sites. Wind the crank handle, get the thing spinning, then throw a lever to engage the engine.

One of three things always happened.
A- The operator breaks his wrist when the diesel engine backfires. causing the crank handle to spin backwards.
B- The mixer starts first time.
C- The mixer starts, but the handle sticks to the flywheel. and flies around at a hell of a rate, causing those close by to take cover until the starting handle flies off. This happened at a new commercial garage where I was making the concrete shuttering. It flew off and buried itself into the side of a brand new, sign written Luton van. Our quick thinking foreman ran to it and removed the handle from the aluminium side panel of the van. As part of the subsequent damage investigation, the insurance man could be seen measuring the damage from the ground and walking around the place trying to find a protrusion that matched his measurements. He never came near the mixer, or more importantly, the handle!

Sorry for the slight diversion from topic.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
One of three things always happened.
A- The operator breaks his wrist when the diesel engine backfires. causing the crank handle to spin backwards.
(…)
C- The mixer starts, but the handle sticks to the flywheel. and flies around at a hell of a rate,
I’m thinking these are why they make sure to pull the starter handle out first in the video :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I’m thinking these are why they make sure to pull the starter handle out first in the video :smiling3:

99% of the time it behaved and come out of its own accord. One got complacent. Then the remaining 1% kicked in - Hit the deck!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Let me add this one here as well: